Anyone can make these Baked Sweet Potato Fries…..I mean anyone. You won’t miss out on fattening “fried” fries once you get a taste of these babies. No the recipe isn’t genius, but the flavor sure is. Baked sweet potato fries should be an essential in everyones recipe box. They are simple and quick to prepare. You can season them any which way with pretty much whatever spices you have in your spice rack.
Got curry powder? Throw it on. Fajita seasoning? Go for it. Craving something a bit sweeter? Sprinkle your sweet potatoes with some cinnamon, nutmeg or cardamom instead.
No matter how you season ’em…..happy flavors and loads of good for you nutrients are in these baked not fried “fries.”
Sweet Potatoes are a wonderful high-energy food choice to add in your meal plan. Some of the benefits include:
- Loads of vitamins and minerals, especially high in vitamins A & C.
- Lots of antioxidants to help fight those free radicals.
- Sweet potatoes are a complex carb with low glycemic index. Fuel food, not crash food.
To learn more about the health benefits of sweet potatoes click the following links:
- Livestrong: Facts on the Health Benefits of Sweet Potatoes
- Mayo Clinic: 10 Great Health Foods for Eating Well
Sweet Potato Fries Recipe Links
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries Chocolate and Carrots
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Fries Donal Skehan
- Sweet Potato Chili Fries Spices Inc
- Sweet Potato Fries With a Kick Sunny Vegan
- Sweet Potato Oven Fries La Kocinera