Get Grillin’ is off to a great start! This week our theme is Side Dishes, I am so excited about these Balsamic Grilled Veggies. Cookin’ Canuck and I had a blast last week with all of your tempting appetizer recipes. We can’t wait to see what side dishes you will share in this link up. Remember, you can submit any side you a would bring to an outdoor get together – it does not have to be grilled. Entering will qualify you to win a gorgeous Emile Henry 8″ Flame Bean Pot.
Do you own a grill basket? If not you totally should. They are the simplest way to grill your veggies. It will prevent them from falling down your grill grates. Keep a pair of long tongs handy too as you will be flipping & tossing the vegetables every few minutes.
Grilling is one of the simplest ways to prepare vegetables, the results are spectacular. I always make a big batch. They are great with burgers, fish, steak, ribs, etc. If you are vegetarian simply serve them with a few cubes of feta or shaved parmesan. Vegan? How about sautéed tofu or tempeh pieces mixed in.
I like to add a heaping serving of these veggies over a mixed salad with pieces of my favorite Trader Joe’s Andouille Chicken sausage. A quick and simple lunch or dinner idea.
See those charred, browned bits on the bottom of the grill pan. Scrape ’em up, they add lots of flavor.
If you have any hesitation at all to fire up your grill then Dara has a great post called How to: Turn on a Gas Grill…Barbecue 101. If you are not all ready a grill master this will help get you in your backyard with a pair of tongs, a grill basket and a grin.
Other Grilled Vegetable Recipe Links
- Grilled Vegetable Flatbread Good Life Eats
- Grilled Vegetable Salad Recipe Girl
- Grilled Vegetable Summer Pasta The Healthy Foodie
- Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini Parmesan Former Chef
- One Egg Grilled Veggie Omelets The Cooking Photographer
- Spiced Israeli Cous Cous with Grilled Veggies, Chickpeas and Cilantro Three Many Cooks
This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to @FoodieBride. Thanks so much for all of your entries.
Our awesome sponsor Emile Henry is providing one lucky reader with an 8″ (2.6 quart) Flame Bean Pot. What could be better than a pot designed for both the oven and the stove? It can even be used on your grill to simmer baked beans. The natural glazed clay surface of the Flame Pot is easy to clean, safe for the dishwasher and allows for slow, even cooking. These pots are 30% lighter than Cast Iron. This is a go-to pan for so many reasons. Our giveaway is valued at $118.
This giveaway is open to USA visitors and will be open until Sunday, June 19th at 5pm PST.
The winner will be chosen at Random.org and will be notified via email, so please make sure your email address is correct. You will have 48 hours to respond to me, or a new winner will be chosen.
This week’s theme is Side Dishes. Remember, your recipes do not have to be made on the grill. Any backyard barbecue-appropriate recipe will do.
How to Enter
1) You can enter up to three (3) recipes in each week of Get Grillin’
If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay. Just leave your recipe in the comments section of our themed post during any day of the themed week. Just do so on either Dara’s or my blog, not both.
2) For a chance to win some Emile Henry, enter your recipe(s) using the recipe link widget found below. Add your link to your grilling post to the widget on either MarlaMeridith.com or Cookin’ Canuck. You only need to add it on one site, but it will show up on both.If you don’t have a blog, then enter your recipe in the comments section. Read below for instructions on earning extra entries.
3) Somewhere in your post, please include the following “Get Grillin’ with MarlaMeridith.com and Cookin’ Canuck, sponsored by Ile de France Cheese, Rösle, Emile Henry, Rouxbe and ManPans.” This must be included for a chance to win the prize of the week.
To earn additional entries (you can only do so if you have entered a recipe), leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, the number generator will not count them as separate entries.
- Re-tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use: #GetGrillin w/@MarlaMeridith & @cookincanuck. Share Side Dish recipes for a chance to win a Emile Henry Flame Bean Pot http://su.pr/2O6uZw
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @CookinCanuck on Twitter
- Copy and paste our Get Grillin’ Badge into your sidebar or blog post.
- Stumble this post
Add ANY Side Dish Links Here