I love this coffee shake all year round. It gives a little coffee buzz and of course you could also make it de-caf if you wish. This icy treat is reminiscent to everyone’s favorite Starbucks Frappuccino, but it is a heck of a lot cheaper and kinder to the waistline. You can make it in seconds at home and it’s got no sugar in it. My version has about 20 calories in 12 ounces versus 180 in the coffee shop version. Virtually no carbs in mine versus 36 grams derived from sugar in theirs.
Nothing ever stops me from craving ice cream and frozen treats. I say go ahead and treat yourself with a sweet that won’t show up on your hips and tastes great. This anytime shake is sweetened with stevia, has a splash of milk and some instant coffee. How simple is that?
I also did a quick video of this recipe if you want to check it out.
Skinny Homemade Frappuccino
Makes one 12 oz drink
- 1 heaping tablespoon Instant Coffee (regular or decaf)
- Splash of your favorite milk – dairy or non-dairy
- Sweetener to taste: I love my Stevia powder, English Toffee Sweetleaf stevia drops, and Vanilla Stevia drops these add no calories and rate 0% on the glycemic index. You can also use a bit of honey, agave, maple syrup or raw sugar.
- Cold Water, roughly 6 oz (You might want less, you need to gauge how well everything is blending. You don’t want ice chunks.)
- Ice, roughly 6 oz
Top your Frozen Coffee Granita with the following:
- non dairy soy whip, freshly whipped cream
- dust with cinnamon or cocoa
- chopped toasted nuts
- roasted cacao nibs, chocolate shavings
- pomegranate arils
Add coffee, milk, sweetener, ice and water to blender. Blend until all is combined and slushy. Top with optional whipped cream or spices, etc.
I have had great luck with the single serve Rocket Blender by Bella Cucina and the Hamilton Beach version too. They are simple to clean and there is no guess work as to how much ice and water to add. I just fill the cup to the fill line. Half ice and half water. Done.
Homemade Frapuccino Recipe Links
- Caramel Frappé Comfy Belly
- Caramel Frappuccino Cupcakes Chef Mommy
- Homemade Starbucks Frappuccino Savory Sweet Life
- Mason Jar Frappuccino Noshings
- Video: Homemade Starbucks Frappuccino MarlaMeridith.com
Disclaimer: I frequent Starbucks & love their drinks. I came up with this recipe a while back. This is my own version of the Frappuccino, similar but not the same as Starbucks. “Frappuccino” is a registered trademarked name that belongs to Starbucks.