I love the word sizzle. When I whipped up this recipe and heard the sizzle sounds I got all excited to name this recipe Chicken and Veggie Sizzle Rice. This recipe takes no time at all to prepare. Use whatever veggies and protein you have on hand. Feel free to make it vegan too with tofu, tempeh or just veggies. Your choice…
My kids and hubs were greatly impressed with this meal. They enjoyed it for lunch and dinner.
Thank goodness because I have been crazy busy shooting a cookbook.
There has been food every where. This being a compilation of many goodies I have been whipping up.
We love the ease & convenience of this kind of meal.
Also the fact that you get a taste of each ingredient and delish flavor in every bite…
Add it to your recipe box for Project Lunch Box…
If you have any quick + easy rice recipes or links you want to share feel free to leave them in the comments below.
- 2 grilled, baked or pan seared organic Chicken Breasts, chop into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked Brown Rice, Jasmine or Basmati (we love fragrant rice in this)
- 1 tablespoon unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shredded Carrots
- 1/2 cup shelled Edamame
- a handful of Kale, finely chopped
- a few pinches ground Ginger
- a few pinches Garlic Sea Salt
- a few pinches minced dried Onion or Onion Powder
- a few teaspoons Thai Red Curry Paste (to taste)
- 1/4 cup [light unsweetened Coconut Milkhttp://astore.amazon.com/familyfreshcooking-20/detail/B002FJU0KO]
- a splash of Soy Sauce or Tamari
- a few Stevia drops or powder to taste or your favorite natural sweetener. Honey is good too.
- garnish with some sautéed Carrots
- chopped Peanuts
- chopped Green Onion
- unsweetened Coconut Flake
- Grill, pan sear or bake chicken breasts until cooked through. Cook rice according to package directions. Heat a large sauté pan with the coconut oil over medium high heat. Heat carrots, edamame and kale for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the rest of the ingredients, including the chopped chicken. Heat everything in the pan for another 3-4 minutes until sizzling hot. If you want a touch of sweetness add the stevia or honey last, to taste.
- Serve at any temperature. This also makes a great rice salad and is perfect for your lunch box
Chicken and Rice Recipe Links