Cookies for breakfast? Sure! Why not. Especially when they are filled with great for you ingredients.
Bake a batch of these in a jiffy. Pour a glass of milk, brew a steamy pot of coffee & enjoy!
Life is so busy right now…isn’t it?
What a great way to give yourself and your family a guilt free treat with cookies for breakfast.
My kids love to dunk these in a chilled glass of milk…
Don’t forget big & plump dried cranberries.
If you are as in love with the idea of breakfast cookies as I am ~ you will need to check out my recipes for Lemon Ricotta Breakfast Cookies, Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (both of those recipes are gluten free.)
For a unique twist you can also make Breakfast Cookie French Toast.
Trust me on that one. It is worth the experiment!
Most of the cookies on my recipes page are suitable for the first meal of the day.
Some are vegan, some are gluten free. Most are free of refined sugars too.
Do you have a favorite recipe for a handheld breakfast? Feel free to attach a link in your comment.
- 2 cups (240 g) Graham Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons (20 g) unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted, unrefined Coconut Oil
- 5-6 droppers full of Vanilla Stevia Drops
- 3/4 cup (125 ml) unsweetened light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup dried, fruit juice sweetened Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F with the rack in the middle. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or Silpat liner. In a bowl whisk dry ingredients together (excluding cranberries). In another bowl combine wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients to make a dough. Add cranberries and knead together until well combined. Press some of the cranberries into the tops of the cookie. Bake for 12-14 minutes, remove from oven and transfer cookies to a cooling rack
- I put a range for the sweetener so you can decide how sweet you want your breakfast cookies.
Breakfast Cookies Recipe Links