I LOVE quick breads. They are exactly as the name implies…super quick to throw together, which is an important thing to me this time of the year (leaves more time for me to be on the ski slopes!) This Classic Cornbread will be a delicious addition to your Thanksgiving & Christmas table. A great side for any feast!
I made things a bit healthier here, using white whole wheat pastry flour instead of refined flour. This cornbread is sweetened with maple syrup, brown sugar or honey would be great too. My family loves this for breakfast with gobs of butter! A sprinkling of powdered sugar & ground cinnamon make this a bit more of a treat…if using this bread in dressing/stuffing don’t add the extra sugar.
PS: Stay tuned, I’ve got a cornbread stuffing recipe i’ll post soon that will knock your socks off!
More Cornbread Recipes to Try!
- Bacon Cheddar Beer Cornbread The F&B Department
- Blueberry Cornbread Muffins The Worktop
- Cornbread Coffee Cake Turnip the Oven
- Honey Cornbread Muffins Jessica Gavin
- Jalapeno Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins Toaster Oven Love
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Maple Cornbread Life Made Sweeter