Here we are again…more holiday fun! While everyone else is bringing you candy, cookies and treats I have something to lighten up the holidays a little bit . Here is a simple salad that you can serve for brunch, lunch or dinner. This is a great way to use up all of those leftovers from your holiday feast. A main course salad with loads of hearty nibbles inside…turkey, nuts and cheese give great energy sustain.
So you can make it to dessert and still have room…
This is a versatile salad, so toss in any protein, nuts, fresh or dried fruit you have on hand. Pomegranate seeds are always a favorite here. Raisins, apricots, dried cranberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries. Any of those would add a nice touch of sweet too.
Serve with a simple twist of lemon, fruity olive oil and with a dash of salt and pepper. I told you. Keep it simple.
I usually make my own salad dressing. When in a pinch we enjoy this with fun flavors from Marzetti Simply Dressed. I am happy to share them with you here. There are loads of flavors to suit your fancy and the great thing is they are made with all natural ingredients. For this salad the Pomegranate flavor is my favorite. There are so many to choose from though.
When it comes to cheese I like a tangy, creamy goat cheese. Crumbled blue cheese, gorgonzola and feta are delicious as well. If you only have firmer cheese in the house then toss some of that in. I have never said no to a sharp cheddar, Gruyére or shaved parmesan.
I always love cheese and fruit paired together. See…
What are your favorite salad ingredients? Do you have a favorite salad dressing?
Have you been letting loose for the holidays with your eating or can you still wear those skinny jeans? Speaking of healthy holiday eating please check out my video segment on that topic I just did for Abe’s Market.
To keep you making all of those healthy salads Marzetti Simply Dressed is providing 2 lucky readers with an awesome gift including:
- Wooden salad bowl & salad tongs (the ones you see in my photos)
- Five free product coupons
This giveaway will be open until Saturday, December 24th, midnight PST. The winner will be chosen at Random.org and will be notified via email, so please make sure your email address is correct. You will have 3 days to respond to me, or a new winner will be chosen. Open to residents of the USA.
How to Enter
This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to Lyn #122 and Jacqui #83. Stay tuned for more fun giveaways soon.
Leave some comments. Tell me about what ingredients you like to put in your salad. What is your favorite kind of salad dressing?
To earn extra entries, leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. You can leave one comment (entry) or many comments (entries) The choice is yours. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, the number generator will not count them as separate entries.
- Vote for my Thai Spiced French Fries to become the new Alexia Foods flavor. You can vote one time per day until March 30th 2012. Leave a comment each time you vote.
- Pinterest follow me there & pin this post
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use or make up your own: I want to win the Marzetti Simply Dressed Salad #giveaway on MarlaMeridith.com @MarlaMeridith http://bit.ly/v8K1yB #holiday #Christmas
- Head over to the Marzetti Simply Dressed website and tell me which flavor you would like to try.
- Tell me which MarlaMeridith.com Recipe you have tried or would like to.
- Sign up for my Email or RSS feeds
- Stumble this post & follow @familyfresh on StumbleUpon
- Add a link to this post (or any of my posts) on your blog.
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Instagram
- Add the MarlaMeridith.com badge into your sidebar or somewhere on your blog
- Share this giveaway in any other creative way you can think up & let me know.
Salad Recipe Links
- Asian Slaw with Cashews Pear and Ginger Dressing Cookin Canuck
- Barley and Spinach Fall Salad with Maple Syrup Vinaigrette eCurry
- Blue Cheese and Pear Salad Pham Fatale
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette MarlaMeridith.com
- Spinach Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts MarlaMeridith.com
MarlaMeridith.com disclosure: I am hosting this giveaway so you can experience Marzetti Simply Dressed for yourself. The opinions on this blog are entirely my own. I was sent samples of their products to review and was compensated for my time. All photography and styling are by Marla Meridith and are copyrighted material.