Have you guys ever had ice milk or sherbet? It is ice cream’s lighter cousin. Picture sorbet meets ice cream.
While perplexed if I should name this recipe ice milk or shebert…..I concluded that both would do. Sherbet is known to have more sugar than ice cream. This recipe is stevia sweetened and sugar free. With a little milk (your choice what kind) and some ripe honeydew this little treat is pretty, cooling and happy.
Also we have a winner for the Stonyfield Summer in a Box giveaway….
Here’s a brief look at definitions on Wikipedia “Sherbet, an American term for a frozen dessert like sorbet, but containing a small amount of dairy.” Ice milk “is a frozen dessert with less than 10 percent milkfat and the same sweetener content as ice cream.” All sounds good to me.
With a good portion of the world still suffering from very high temperatures, what better to cool down with than all sorts of popsicles, ice cream, frozen yogurt or some sherbet! I always thought it was tricky to make ice cream. So not. All I needed to do was blend up my mixture and let it churn in my frozen my ice cream maker attachment. Done. Deal.
Even in warm summer temperatures, signs of winter never left here. Indications show that there might be a fun & snow filled winter ahead…….
Top with your favorite fresh berries, coconut flake or other…..Serve with a polka dot spoon or such. When your sherbet melts, slurp it up with a straw.
We were all in awe watching our ice cream maker do it’s thing. How cool is it to watch a liquid turn into an icy cream blend right before your very eyes?! Thrilling.
Do you love frozen desserts as much as we do? What is your favorite ice cream/sherbet/ice milk/frozen yogurt flavor?
Makes 4 servings
- I used goats milk, feel free to make this vegan with coconut, almond, soy, rice or any other milk.
- Instead if honeydew use any fruit you have to make a creamy, cooling dessert.
- This sherbet was better on the softer side. When it freezes too hard it is difficult to scoop.
- 1/2 ripe (about 16 ounces) Honeydew Melon, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 8 ounces Goats Milk or your favorite dairy or vegan milk
- 8 ounces light unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 full dropper Vanilla Stevia Drops or to taste
- splash of Lemon Juice
- fresh Berries
- toasted unsweetened Coconut Flake
- freshly Whipped Cream
Prepare ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions. Purée honeydew with goats milk and coconut milk. Sweeten to taste and add a splash of lemon juice. Chill mixture for 1 hour. Pour into your ice cream maker and prepare according to the directions of your machine. Chill in freezer until ready to serve. It is best served when creamy and not too icy.
Sherbet Recipe Links
- Mixed Berry Sherbet Bella Eats
- Nectarine Sherbet Yummy Supper
- Orange Sherbet Spache the Spatula
- Pomegranate Sherbet Inn at the Crossroads
- Raspberry Orange Sherbet Floats The Fresh Fridge
- Vegan Mango Sherbet Versatile Kitchen
Thanks of all of your entries. This giveaway is now closed. Congrats to #352 Miranda at The Pinterest Project.
Do you have an ice cream maker? How about a KitchenAid Stand Mixer? If you said no to the maker and yes to the KitchenAid mixer (any size) then I have the attachment for you. One lucky reader can score an Ice Cream Maker Attachment so you can make ice cream or frozen desserts in your very own home. ($99.00 value) *above photo via KitchenAid *this attachment only works with a KitchenAid stand mixer…not provided in this giveaway. Perhaps down the road on will be.
How to Enter
Leave some comments….tell me why you want and need this ice cream maker. What is your favorite ice cream/sherbet/ice milk/frozen yogurt flavor? You have until Sunday, August 21st, 12 midnight PST to enter this giveaway. Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the USA.
To earn additional entries, leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, we will not be able to include them.
- Tell me what you will make with this ice cream maker.
- Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use or make up your own: Chill out…MarlaMeridith.com @MarlaMeridith has a @KitchenAidUSA Ice Cream Maker *giveaway* http://su.pr/2jKnNp Pls RT
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @KitchenAidUSA on Twitter
- Add the MarlaMeridith.com badge into your sidebar or somewhere on your blog
- Sign up for my Email or RSS feeds
- Stumble this post & follow me @familyfresh on StumbleUpon
- Add a link to this post on your blog.
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Instagram
MarlaMeridith.com disclosure: The folks at KitchenAid gave me a Ice Cream Maker attachment and are providing one for a FFC friend. They will send it to one lucky reader once selected. The opionions expressed on the pages of this blog are my own.
This post has been added to TidyMom’s I’m Loving it Fridays