Guess what today is? A very special day to indulge in Maple Pumpkin Popcorn & to celebrate Lisa Thiele (With Style and Grace). Today is her virtual baby shower! A bunch of blogger pals have collaborated to throw her a virtual baby shower. Ready to feast your eyes? Hopefully you can whip up your own bowl of popcorn to celebrate with us!
Before we get started making this popcorn let me give you a taste of what you are creating here. Picture this: caramel corn meets a nutty brittle. This popcorn is all natural and maple sweetened. Nuts add some salty crunch and I tossed it all with some lightly salted puffy white popcorn to balance everything out. Like this…
Baby showers are so fun aren’t’ they?! Celebrating with friends and family about the upcoming arrival of a sweet baby is one of life’s greatest joys. I met Lisa two summers ago at the evo ’11 conference. We had been friends online and hit it off for reals right away. We enjoyed early morning chat sessions & long talks on the treadmill at the Canyons Resort in Park City, Utah.
A super fun time. We re-connected this spring at beautiful Redwood Hill Farm. We both have gobs in common and I am so happy to celebrate her almost here baby boy!
Lisa, I designed this invite for you. Hope you like it…I have a little boy too and he is the love of my life (so is his sister) My little guy is 5 now, but will ALWAYS be my baby boy! Where the time goes I have not a clue, but I love watching my kids grow.
I created this fall flavored popcorn recipe for your shower because it is simple to prepare, is gluten free, really healthy and I thought you would enjoy it too. Popcorn is great all the time. I packed this on hikes I took in Telluride this week. I added a few extra nuts to it and made it more of a trail mix.
Make it as nutty or not nutty as you want.
This popcorn can easily be:
- Trail Mix
- Pre or post workout snack
- Yogurt Parfait topping (you really need to try this)
- Oatmeal Topping (yes!)
- Cereal ~ serve with milk!
- Shower, Party food
I really had this with milk and pretended it was a breakfast cereal. I mean why not, right?
So you can just munch this popcorn out of hand ~ or experiment with playful ideas.
I am sure you all ready figured that I have a Popcorn board on Pinterest too. You will LOVE all of the popcorn recipes over there.
Popcorn Recipe Links
- Eat. Drink. Love. Apple Cinnamon Popcorn
- Virtually Homemade Caramel Apple Popcorn
- Cheap Recipe Blog Chicago Popcorn
- I Wash, You Dry Muddy Buddy Popcorn
- Real Food. Real Deals. Pumpkin-Glazed Popcorn
- Healthful Pursuit Vegan Caramel Popcorn Ant Hills
Baby Shower Bloggers
- A Thought For Food | Scalloped Potato Gratin
- Bev Cooks | Kale and Sage Pesto Crostini with Roasted Veggies
- Turntable Kitchen | Maple-Olive Oil Granola with Cocoa Nibs, Hazelnuts and Cherries
- Yes I Want Cake | Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- MarlaMeridith.com | Maple Pumpkin Spice Popcorn
- What’s Gaby Cooking | Chocolate Dipped Meringues
- Two Peas and a Pod | Vegetable Quinoa Soup
- Foodie Crush | Crab Salad Sweet Potato Chip Bites
- Simple Bites | Maple Pumpkin Pie
- Three Many Cooks | Chocolate-Peanut Chex Mix
- Shutterbean | Tiny Chicken Taquitos
- Heather Christo Cooks | Butternut Squash Bacon Scones
- Eat Live Run | Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookie Bars
- Aggies Kitchen | Iced Apple Cinnamon Tea
- Reluctant Entertainer | Mascarpone Marmalade Bites
- Eat the Love | Roasted White Chocolate Berry Tart (Gluten Free)