This yogurt parfait has tons of bang for the buck. It is loaded with nutrient dense ingredients, it is high protein, it doesn’t have refined sugars and best of all it tastes like an apple cream pie. I am always trying to satisfy my nagging sweet tooth. My goal is to not grab fat and sugar filled goodies for quick snacks. In this little recipe, yogurt is your cream base and the warmed fruit, flax seed, butter, nuts and cinnamon combine to form the crumbly topping. This is a perfect way to start your day or a great afternoon mini meal to re-boot your energy levels.
The kids will also love to layer their own parfaits. Have them choose their favorite ingredients too.
Apple Cream Pie Yogurt Parfait
- You can also heat the flaxseed with the fruit and butter, it will give it a more nutty, toasted texture and flavor.
- 6 ounces fat free Greek yogurt
- Natural Sweetener of choice – Stevia, Honey, Maple Syrup, etc.
- 4 ounces of your favorite fruit (Apple, Peach, Nectarine and Mango are my favorites for this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon Butter or Ghee
- a pinch of ground Cinnamon
- a pinch of ground Ginger
- a pinch of fine Sea Salt
- 4 tablespoons Ground Flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon chopped Toasted Nuts (Pecans, Walnuts, Almonds, etc.)
Stir Sweetener choice in yogurt, set aside. Melt butter in a small saute pan. Add fruit, salt and spices, cook a few minutes until softened and fragrant. Let cool a few minutes. Layer your parfait: make layers with a scoop of yogurt, a layer of flaxseed and warmed fruit.
Top with nuts and some more spice.
Yogurt Parfait Recipe Links
- Caramelized Apple, Yogurt & Granola Parfait Cookin’ Canuck
- Green Tea Matcha Yogurt Parfait MarlaMeridith.com
- Mixed Berry Yogurt Parfaits MarlaMeridith.com
- Packable Fruit and Yogurt Parfait Back to Her Roots
- Vanilla Parfait with Pistachios and Dried Cherries The Perfect Pantry