Happy Friday! Hopefully you’ve had a productive week & your now looking forward to a fun & relaxing weekend. Not sure I relax much on the weekends ~ there is always so much active fun to be had here in the mountains. No matter what you do, this meal comes together quickly so you can enjoy whatever it is you have planned.
Orzo Pasta with Chicken, Fresh Herbs & Feta is perfect for outdoor entertaining, the lunchbox and any time at all!
Isn’t it so wonderful this time of year to grab handfuls of fresh herbs to flavor your food?! I have a small confession…
I cannot keep any plants alive. I purchase herbs ever time I need ’em and I need to change that asap.
Obviously. I need some pots of herbs that I can trim at any whim.
Nothing about this recipe is complex. Just a dang good meal.
Folks really take a liking to orzo pasta. In the past few months I have shared some recipes with it. Orzo with Wild Pheasant, Sweet Potatoes & Mushrooms is filled with delicious fall/winter flavors.
Orzo Pasta with Roasted Broccoli & Chickpeas is perfect for any season. Serve it hot or cold.
Hope you get to enjoy these pasta recipes really soon!
- 1 pound boneless Chicken Breast
- 8 ounces Orzo Pasta, cook according to package directions
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Fresh Oregano, Thyme & Rosemary
- Cook orzo pasta, toss with olive until glistening and set aside. Pre heat the grill to medium high heat. Rub olive oil on chicken, season with garlic salt & pepper. Grill about 5-8 minutes each side or until cooked through (depends upon how thick your chicken breast is.) You can also pan sear your chicken in an oiled skillet over medium high heat. About 6 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Slice chicken & season again if needed.
- Toss orzo pasta with lemon juice and a handful of fresh herbs. Plate orzo pasta with sliced chicken. Top with feta cheese & more herbs.
Orzo Pasta Recipe Links