Aren’t marshmallows just so FUN?! These are even more so with their two-toned colors, the perfect treat for the holiday season. Peppermint Candy Cane Marshmallows are as fun to eat out of hand as they are floating & melting in steamy hot chocolate.
I got all playful with the color. A few drops of bright red food coloring swirled in & these become a bit more “holiday.”
The long drive to school inspires a lot of my creative thoughts. I got all smily when I thought up the idea to do jelly jars layered with hot cocoa mix, chocolate chips & these homemade marshmallows.
How fun would it be to add a few spoonfuls of hot chocolate mix, chocolate chips & peppermint marshmallows to make a steamy cup of hot cocoa.
The true spirit of the winter holidays in one single cup of greatness.
These marshmallows are rolled in a mix of confectioners sugar & pulverized candy canes to give ’em a bit more kick. You can use whatever hot chocolate mix you like or make your own. I had fun making little tags and layering this mix in jelly jars.
White chocolate or milk chocolate chips, or a mix would be fun in these jars. I always go with bittersweet or semi-sweet. Whatever tickles your taste buds will work out perfectly.
Are you making homemade holiday gifts? Have you ever made homemade marshmallows?
Marshmallow Recipe Links
- Church Window Candies Jun-blog
- Lavender Vanilla Marshmallows When Adobo Met Feijoada
- Marshmallows with Toasted Coconut and Chocolate Franish Nonspeaker
- S’mores from Scratch The Cilantropist
- Smore’s on a Stick White on Rice Couple
- Springy Fluffy Marshmallows Smitten Kitchen
- Strawberry & Orange Flower Marshmallows Evan’s Kitchen Ramblings