Fire up that oven and heat up your skillet for Scrambled Egg Baked Potatoes.
Get your hands on a big bag of your favorite potatoes.
I use Russet here.
Bake them until they are absolutely perfect. Don’t forget to poke them first so they don’t explode in your oven.
That would be an evil mess & no one has time to deal with that.
Let them cool down a smidge. Then you get the scoop out the insides.
Leave 1/2 inch around each potato & make a boat. This way you get just enough potato with every bite of eggs.
Set aside the rest of the scooped out potatoes to enjoy with butter & sour cream. Good? Great!
Be sure to have some cheese handy too.
Fire up the skillet to scramble those perfect eggs. Soft ‘n creamy is how we love our eggs over here.
Once the eggs are done (don’t let them overcook) scoop them into the potato boats, top with cheese and broil for a few minutes.
All done! Enjoy your Scrambled Egg Baked Potatoes with a side salad and some fresh fruit too!
What is your favorite stuffed baked potato recipe?
- 4 Russet Potatoes, cleaned
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- a few ounces Grated Cheese (we like sharp Cheddar)
- 8 large Eggs, whisked with 1 tablespoon Water
- Fresh or Dried Herbs (Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme are great)
- Preheat oven to 425 F with the rack in the middle. Pierce potatoes several times with a sharp knife. Rub potatoes with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Put on a baking sheet and bake for about 45-60 minutes until fork tender. Baking time depends upon the size of your potato.
- Set aside potatoes until they are cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes in 1/2 lengthwise. Spoon out the insides carefully leaving a 1/2 inch border of potato. Like a boat.
- In a large fry pan over medium high heat ~ saute onion and bell pepper with some garlic salt, pepper and smoked paprika until soft and fragrant. Reduce heat to medium low and add the eggs. Stir frequently so eggs remain creamy, stir a small handful of herbs. Remove from heat just before they are done cooking.
- Fill potatoes with egg mixture. Top with cheese. Broil for a few minutes until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream or mascarpone cheese, bacon pieces and chives.
Stuffed Potato Recipe Links