This is an interesting time of year. We straddle crisp, cold winter days with wisps of spring teasers. With all this weather confusion my tastebuds are sure all over the place. One minute I crave hearty rustic soul warming foods. The next I crave lighter salads and sunnier fare.
I came up with this Strawberries and Cream Quinoa Porridge which is a delicate mix of comfort meets light ‘n healthy breakfast. No matter what season your tastebuds or reality is living in, you will leave the table smiling.
This breakfast recipe takes advantage of a few things you might all ready happen on in your fridge. Fresh or frozen strawberries will work out great.
No strawberries? Not a problem. Use another berry or your favorite fruit.
You guys are creative like that. I have no worries you will make somethin’ work here.
Not only can you be versatile with your fruit choice, but you can go vegan or dairy with the whipped cream.
Be sure to have a few extra dollops of whipped cream at the ready too. You might want to add a little more to your porridge.
Live it up I say.
It’s mild flavor lends itself to all kinds of recipes.
Do you have a quinoa breakfast recipe? What ingredients do you add to yours?
- 1 cup dry Quinoa, rinse and cook according to package directions
- 8 ounces (2 cups) Strawberries, cleaned & sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Homemade Whipped Cream or Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1/4 tablespoon fine Sea Salt
- Vanilla Stevia Drops to taste, or your favorite natural sweetener
- Cook quinoa, fluff with a fork and let cool a bit. Stir in strawberries, whipped cream, salt and some sweetener. Top with extra fresh strawberries and whipped cream.
Breakfast Quinoa Recipes on MarlaMeridith.com
- Acorn Squash Quinoa Breakfast Porridge
- Fruit & Egg Quinoa Breakfast Parfaits
- Maple Banana Toasted Almond Quinoa
- Quinoa Stuffed Pears
- Quinoa Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake