Today we need to have a talk. A little talk about strawberry love and pink milk. In this house we have a thing for all kinds of berries (I even have a Pinterest board for Berries).
Thankfully here in Southern California bright red strawberries are abundant pretty much year round. Our ground does not freeze and the crops keep coming. This time of year they are at their peak! There are a few strawberry farms within a mile of our house. Thank goodness…
The only thing we need to worry about is what to do with all this strawberry bliss. We love our Citrus Roasted Strawberry Parfaits. Have you had a chance to roast strawberries yet? If no then you must. You could roast them for this pink milk or you can heat them in a saucepan instead. That is what I did here.
You house will smell amazing when you do this. I can assure you that.
This milk can easily be vegan, simple use coconut milk, almond milk, soy or rice. If you are into dairy then use cows milk. Goats milk would be tasty too. You could make it super thick with some kefir too. Yum!
When you blend this drink it forms a beautiful, thick frothy crema. A cream that sticks around even if you store it in the fridge for a few hours.
This healthy treat is pretty much a smoothie with no ice. Add the ice if you want a strawberry shake kinda thing. You can top with a dollop of vanilla, strawberry or chocolate whipped cream.
So go ahead and make yourself and someone you love some Strawberry Milk. Something so simple never tasted so good…
- 10 ounces fresh Strawberries (frozen OK too)
- Vanilla Stevia Drops to taste, or your favorite natural sweetener
- 24 ounces your favorite Milk (cow, goat, soy, almond, coconut, rice)
- garnish with fresh strawberries
- top with Homemade Whipped Cream
- Clean strawberries, remove stems and cut in half. In a medium saucepan bring strawberries to boil with 1/2 cup of water. Reduce heat to a simmer, partially cover and cook for about 10 minutes. Strawberries should be fragrant and softened. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and cool in fridge or freezer until nice and cool.
- Blend in a blender with your milk. Transfer to pretty serving glasses. Garnish with a strawberry and homemade whipped cream.
- This makes one cup of strawberry purée which is great stirred into oatmeal, yogurt parfaits. It is also wonderful as a pancake or french toast sauce.
Strawberry Recipes on MarlaMeridith.com (see even more on my Recipes Page)
- Chocolate Dipped Fruit on a Stick
- Citrus Roasted Strawberry Parfaits
- Strawberry Applesauce
- Strawberry Mozzarella Stuffed French Toast
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Whoopie Pies – Gluten Free
- Sunny Strawberry Sandwich Cookies
- Sweet Strawberry Snack Cakes – Gluten Free
- Strawberry Whipped Cream
Strawberry Recipe Links
- Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce eat, live, run
- Red Velvet Strawberry Shortcake i am baker
- Strawberry Filled Lemon Sandwich Cookies Evil Shenanigans
- Strawberry Shortcake Epicurean Mom
- Strawberry Watermelon Cooler At The Table
- Strawberries with Maple Cream Sauce Dine and Dish