Today we are going to prepare something so simply perfect. Mindful, simple + happy food.
Eggs are usually considered a savory, but let’s face it they are used in sweets all the time. From cakes, cookies, frostings, puddings and more. Eggs take either center stage or they make baked recipes come together. Over here we love traditional savory scrambled eggs, but making a sweet egg scramble puts a nice little twist on a classic breakfast. You know how great your eggs taste when maple syrup oozes onto them from your stack of pancakes? Well then this is kinda like that. Go ahead and make the pancakes too if you wish.
We kept it simple with heart shaped toast and fresh fruit…
We love sprouted grain breads, but your favorite crispy baguette would pair well too.
Why is it that cutting food into hearts makes everything so *happy*…
Keep in mind that this is simply a method type of recipe. Adjust ratios according to your taste and diet preferences. I am just suggesting that coconut and eggs + some sweetness are a match made in heaven.
Have you ever had sweet eggs? The first time I ever did was in a Japanese restaurant in the form of Tamagoyaki. That is a Japanese omelette made by combining eggs, rice vinegar, and sometimes sugar or soy sauce. The sweet~savory pairing is always a favorite!
If you want more yolks…add ’em.
Be sure to slather your toast with some melted coconut oil to round everything together.
Also get your hands on some heart cookie cutters in all shapes and sizes. If you don’t have them all ready.
Do you have any special breakfasts planned for Valentine’s Day?
Are you usually the one who cooks breakfast or does a special someone bring you breakfast in bed?
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! ~XO~
- 2 large organic Eggs
- a splash of light unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Egg Whites
- Vanilla Stevia Drops (1/2-1 droppers full), Honey or Maple Syrup to taste
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded Coconut
- dash of fine Sea Salt
- unrefined Coconut Oil to coat the pan and some for your toast or Butter
- a few slices of your favorite bread
- Fresh Fruit
- toasted Coconut Flake
- homemade Whipped Cream
- Maple Syrup or Honey
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, coconut milk, sweetener, shredded coconut and sea salt. Heat a medium non stick skillet over medium low heat. Add egg mixture and cook slowly stirring frequently to get creamy scrambled eggs. I like to use my silicone spatula spoon for this. Toast bread and spread some coconut oil or butter over the top. Serve with the eggs on the top and a side of fresh fruit.
- Adjust ingredients according to taste and diet preference. More egg yolks are a great option too.
Scrambled Eggs Recipe Links
- Chorizo and Eggs Simply Recipes
- Lobster Scrambled Eggs Food Republic
- Scrambled Egg Stacks with Cheese and Mushrooms MarlaMeridith.com
- Soft Scrambled Eggs with Ramps and Smoked Salmon Earthy Delights
- Tamago Sushi Omelette Make My Sushi
- Truffled Scrambled Eggs Life’s Ambrosia