Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
December 2, 2015
If there’s something I’ve completely fallen in love with this holiday season is these Wasabi Mashed Potatoes. OMG they are so delicious & I promise you will lick the bowl to enjoy every last bite! Here in the mountains we need food that sustains long days on the ski hill. These potatoes do just that and the added spice warms you up from the inside out. What’s with the pomegranate seeds? I love them on my mashers. Try them as a topper!
Confession: I used to hate mashed potatoes. Really. When it comes to food, that pretty much never happens. I can find delight in mostly everything, but mashed potatoes were lost on me. Not sure when the switch happened, but now I LOVE them. I actually feel relieved about that and not like a total masher outcast. I can sit at a holiday table & revel in them with everyone else. Phew!
For me, mashed potatoes need to be smashed just right (I like some lumps) and I need lots of real butter in them too. The wasabi in this recipe seals the deal! It adds dimension to a sometimes flat side dish.
So bring on the buttery mashed potatoes with wasabi. Happy cooking!
Mashed Potato Recipes to Try!
- Arabic Mashed Potatoes Nutrizonia
- Crockpot Three Cheese Mashed Potatoes Whole and Heavenly Oven
- Garlic Parmesan Browned Butter Mashed Potatoes Cafe Delites
- Leftover Mashed Potato Cakes with Spinach Little Broken
- Steakhouse Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes The Taste Blog
- Turnip Mashed Potatoes Cape Fear Nutrition