Let’s say this together…I love fall & winter food. This oatmeal is the quintessential cold weather breakfast. Make up a big batch of this and you will never need to grab one of those overly sweetened little packets of instant oats again. Besides if you are like me then you want to taste all of the full bodied flavors of the oats, fruit, cinnamon and spice. Not just sugar and quick cooked overly processed oats.
Lately oatmeal has been in the spotlight over here. My Saffron Pear Baked Oatmeal was such a hit I had to post a follow up recipe. This time the traditional flavors of apples and cinnamon take the stage. Choose your favorite crispy apples. We love Pink Lady’s, Granny Smith, Honey Crisp and Gala.
What are your favorite apples?
Pomegranate seeds are a delight to photograph and to eat. You will be seeing them garnish many recipes over here. They also hold their own in may of my recipes including my Pomegranate Coconut Shake with Cacao Nibs and Coconut Crusted Chicken with Pomegranate Dipping Sauce.
They are also mighty tasty in my Sweet Potato, Bacon and Pomegranate Spinach Salad.
We have been enjoying busy school days and fabulous weekends. We are a family who loves a little chill in the air and we spend plenty of time outdoors. I love this photo of my kids spending a lazy Saturday watching grandma’s iPad in a cozy white bed.
Watching them cuddled up next to each other is priceless.
They love helping choose ingredients for recipes. They more they are involved in the process of making their own food the more likely they are to eat it. Amazing huh!
The perfect light makes everything dazzle and shine….
Do not be shy…go ahead and heap on your favorite seasonal fruits, nuts, raisins and such. Pecans, walnuts, slivered almonds, macadamia nuts. They all add healthy fats and some nice crunch. Recently I have been using a lot of my favorite Marcona almonds from Trader Joe’s.
Those almonds are wonderful to top your oats or to munch out of hand.
Ready to bake up some oatmeal? Beware your house will smell heavenly. The other bonus: you will have a healthy breakfast that is ready to grab and go for a few mornings. This is great for mid day snacks too. Remember my 10 Secrets to Skinny post?
This kind of food keeps you well nourished and *happy*
What are your favorite ingredients to add to a steamy bowl of oats? Have you ever tried baked oatmeal?
Baked Oatmeal Recipe Links
- Banana Nut Baked Oatmeal Cooking With My Kid
- Baked Coconut Oatmeal with Pepper Nut Topping MarlaMeridith.com
- Blackberries and Ginger Baked Oatmeal Babble
- Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal MarlaMeridith.com
- Saffron Pear Baked Oatmeal MarlaMeridith.com
- Rhubarb Baked Oatmeal My Kitchen Addiction
This recipe is part of the Food Networks Healthy Eats Challenge along with these other fabulous bloggers:
- Picky Eater Blog: Chocolate Brownie Oatmeal
- MarlaMeridith.com: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Healthy Eating Starts at Home: Eating Breakfast Daily
- Carlene’s Figments: Bits of Nutrition: Eat Breakfast Daily and Avoid Common Excuses
- Simple Food, Healthy Life: Week 1 Comes to a Close + Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- JBR Nutrition: Be a Breakfast Eater
- Ramblings of a Pittsburgh Dad: Healthy Every Week Challenge, Week 1
- Meghan’s Kitchen: Ham and Cheddar Hash-brown Bake
- Eat. Enjoy. Live: Oat-y Pancakes
- City Life Eats: Breakfast Bias
- Boys ‘n’ Berry: Week 1: Oatmeal
- Netlycka’s Distracting Confusion: Eat Breakfast Every Day
- You Don’t Look Sick: Living With Rheumatoid Arthritis: First Week of Healthy Breakfasts
- Deep Thoughts and Amusing Musings: Food Network’s January Challenge
- Healthy Kitschy Vegan: Peanut Butter & Banana Oat Bran Mess
- An Uneducated Palate: Creamy Chevre, Pistachio & Fig Breakfast Sandwich
- Healthy Plates: Avocado Egg Sandwich
- Essentials of Nutrition: The Most Important Meal of the Day
- Pursuit of Healthiness: Healthy Every Week Challenge, Breakfast Edition
- Chick Bike: January Challenge, Week 1
- Nutritious Daily: Breakfast Every Day
- Cookin’ in my Kitchen: No-Butter Baked Apples
- Hungry Jenny: Breakfast All the Way + an Easy Granola Recipe
- Don’t Be (Too) Timid & Squeamish: Maple Macadamia Nut Butter & Back to School Oatmeal
This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for your entries. Congrats to Jacqui #30. Enjoy your Bon Appétit!
Because I love you so and want to see you baking and cooking up all kinds of magic for the holidays I am purchasing a one year subscription to Bon Appétit magazine for one lucky winner. Even if you don’t plan on cooking much the photography in this mag will make you dash to the kitchen…
If you win this and all ready receive this magazine or would prefer to pass it along to a friend or family we can send it to them instead. It would make the perfect holiday gift!
How to Enter
Leave some comments….there are lots of ways you can do this. You have until Sunday, November 13th, 12 midnight PST to enter this giveaway. One winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 3 days to respond or a new winner will be selected. Open to residents of the USA.
To earn entries, leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. You can leave one comment (entry) or many comments (entries) The choice is yours. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, we will not be able to include them.
- Vote for my Thai Spiced French Fries to become the new Alexia Foods flavor. You can vote one time per day & leave a comment each time you do.
- Follow Marla Meridith on Pinterest & pin this post
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @bonappetitmag on Twitter
- Tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use or make up your own: I want to win a 1 year subscription to @bonappetitmag from @MarlaMeridith at MarlaMeridith.com http://su.pr/1exdpj #giveaway #holiday
- Tell me why you want this magazine & which MarlaMeridith.com Recipe you have tried or would like to.
- Sign up for my Email or RSS feeds
- Stumble this post & follow @familyfresh on StumbleUpon
- Add a link to this post on your blog.
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Instagram
- Add the MarlaMeridith.com badge into your sidebar or somewhere on your blog
- Share this giveaway in any other creative way you can think up & let me know.
*Be sure to stay in touch with MarlaMeridith.com on Facebook too.