There has been lots of behind the scenes planning and finally the day is here. A BIG surprise shower for Maria and Josh from Two Peas and Their Pod! Today is your virtual shower for baby pea!! A group of your blogger pals have gotten together to shower you with virtual love and to celebrate your sweet little baby.
Whenever I am at parties you can find me in the corner stuffing my face with all sorts of savories. This protein junkie always craves cheese and eggs so what better than to cook up a frittata for your shower.
Maria and Josh I hope you enjoy your party! All my love and the best to you and your sweet family during this special time in your lives.
Maria, I hope you like that graphic I designed for you. I know how much you love the color green. There is lots of green in this post. It kinda matches your blog.
Baby peas, eggs and your favorite cheese will make the perfect frittata. Take your pick on what kind of cheese you want to use….
Feta ~ Gruyére ~ Mozzarella ~ Parmesan ~ Brie. Anything goes. Really.
While in Telluride this summer I became addicted to sunflower sprouts. They are a delicate little leafy green with a slight hint of sunflower flavor. Speaking of sunflower ~ my Sunflower Seed Cookie Sandwiches would be nice at this baby shower too. They can be served to all the gluten free and vegan guests.
This frittata is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or mini meals. Pack it in a lunch box. Or serve it at a bridal or in this case baby shower!
Did I mention that a BIG dash of Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce makes it even better? If you like hot sauce that is. Also a side of roasted sweet potatoes or baked sweet potato fries is a great thing.
Congrats Maria and Josh. I am so happy to know you both so well. I can’t wait to meet baby boy pea and to celebrate with your family for reals. Also I look forward to skiing with you in Utah. Someday.
Listed below are the links to the awesome bloggers who shared their finest treats, crafts, bites, sips ooohhs and ahhhs. I want some of each.
Also a shout to my awesome party planning pal Lisa from With Style and Grace. Party with us all and lets celebrate *life*
What is your favorite frittata recipe? Have you ever hosted a baby shower? If so what sort of theme and menu did you have?
If you would like to follow this event on Twitter, the hashtag is #twopeasbabyshower.
Shower Party Links
- Food for My Family – Lemongrass Soda
- Georgia Pellegrini Watermelon Aqua Fresca
- Heather’s Dish – Mixed Fruit Punch
- Ingredients, Inc. – Healthy Fruit Punch
- Simple Bites – Lemon Balm infused Lemonade
- She Wears Many Hats – Mini Pistachio Smoothies
- Aggie’s Kitchen – Pasta Salad with Balsamic Basil Vinaigrette
- Barbara Bakes – Creamy Orange Fruit Dip and Fruit
- MarlaMeridith.com – Baby Peas & Cheese Frittata
- Reluctant Entertainer – Nutella Berry Bruschetta
- With Style and Grace – Truffle Popcorn
- Add a Pinch – Blackberry Tartlets
- Bake at 350 – Petit Fours with fondant pea pods
- Brown Eyed Baker – Pavlova
- Cookin’ Canuck – Nutella & Cream Cheese Swirled Blondies
- Dine and Dish – Oven Baked Cinnamon Apples
- Dorie Greenspan – French Lemon Cream Tarts
- i am baker – Baby Pea Baby Shower Cake
- Kevin and Amanda – Baby Blue Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Cups
- Mountain Mama Cooks – Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- Picky Palate – Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Sandwich
- Sweetapolita – Little Pea Sugar Cooke Pops
- Sweetopia – Elephant Baby Shower Cookies
- RecipeBoy – Mud Cups with Gummy Worms
- RecipeGirl – Baby Button Cookies
- The Vintage Mixer Mint Chocolate Dessert Shots
- TidyMom – Blue and Chocolate Cake Balls
- What’s Gaby Cooking – Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
Frittata Recipe Links
- Asparagus Cherry Tomato and Feta Frittata Flavour Fiesta
- Cheesy Apple bacon Frittata MarlaMeridith.com
- Mini Asparagus Frittatas Muffin Tin Mania
- Roasted Potato and Spinach Frittata Good Life Eats
- Spinach and Lemon Spaghetti Frittata In Sock Monkey Slippers
- Zucchini Frittata with Chives Healthy Seasonal Recipes
*This post has been included in TidyMom’s I’m Lovin it Fridays