Cookies for breakfast? Of course when they are Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies. These are loaded with high energy, great for you ingredients. This cookie batter comes together quick. It’s got gluten free oat flour, fresh apples, almond butter, thick greek yogurt and sweet potato purée. You can also add in a handful of toasted nuts, dried fruit or chocolate chips. Or you can smear a giant dab of peanut or almond butter on top.
I came up with this cookie recipe on our recent ski trip to Telluride, CO. We love having huge batches of whole grain baked goods to grab for active, busy days on the slopes. One of the mornings when I was up at my usual 4am I decided to experiment with cookies for breakfast and came up with these.
These were stashed in the pockets of my ski jacket and were munched throughout the day. They would be great for summertime hikes too.
I am a big fan of healthy cookies for breakfast. They are decadence in disguise. Two more breakfast cookie we love are Cranberry Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies and Peanut Butter Maple Oatmeal Cookies which are another gluten free option. It is very important in this house that we sit at the table to enjoy our meals. On the off chance that time is too tight, these cookies can easily be packed and brought on the road. They are also great packed in lunch boxes.
Do you ever have a cookie recipe that you make for breakfast?
- Not only for breakfast: enjoy these cookies as a guilt free dessert, anytime snack or pre/post workout mini meal.
- Have them crumbled over thick greek yogurt, frozen yogurt or lightly sweetened ricotta cheese.
- You could also go “guilt” if you serve ’em up with a big bowl of ice cream!
Breakfast Cookies Recipe Links
- Banana Oatmeal Date Cookies The Sweets Life
- Cranberry Pumpkin Ricotta Cookies MarlaMeridith.com
- Cranberry Pecan Breakfast Cookies Sweet Diversions
- Happy Wholesome Breakfast Cookies Foy update
- Oat Coffee Crinkles Running Foodie