Happy Monday everyone! Hope y’all had a great one….I was all aboard on the Durango Blues Train. I’ll be sharing a super cool post about that soon.
In the mean time lets talk about this phenomenal Brown Butter Colorado Trout recipe…
Remember my chef pal David Burton Sanchez (ahem Crispy Avocado Wedges with Crab Salad)?
This is another recipe we collaborated on. David cooks & I photograph him working his magic.
If you don’t typically eat trout I suggest you add it to your meal rotation. Its a delicate flavored fish that easily accepts the flavors you throw at it. When David first prepared this trout for me I was actually silent. Like I could not talk (never happens) because I was so into the buttery flavors of this dish.
The whole idea of fish sautéed in brown butter (beurre noisette) is irresistible. Finger licking, plate licking fabulous!
The sauce has a perfect butter to lemon ratio. Paired with sweet golden raisins, served over a bed of skinny grilled asparagus. Second time around I told David we had to share his recipe here so you could all enjoy it….whether you live in Colorado or not.
You know what that means….my big reward was getting to eat it all over again when the shoot was over.
Trout Recipe Links
- Bagel with Smoked Trout Modern Wifestyle
- Brown Butter Trout Almandine My Little Jar of Spices
- Eggs with Trout Mayo & Herbs Wholesome Cook
- Pan Fried Trout with Quinoa, Roasted Vegetables & Feta Kitchen Sanctuary
- Pea Tendril Salad with Smoked Trout and Pickled Shallot Passion Eats
- Smoked Trout Paste Kamelowy