Hi there! A quickie post & recipe today. I’m a huge fan of oatmeal & this is a super tasty twist on that.
Nutty brown rice is great in sweets & savories. In this Brown Rice Breakfast Porridge I use traditional toppings but you can hit it with anything you wish. Get creative!
Growing up I was obsessed with Goldilocks & the 3 Bears.
The story was cool (and kind of creepy) but the best part was the porridge. I love the word porridge and I enjoy eating it & saying it as much as possible.
Porridge. PORRIDGE. PorRiDge.
What makes the book so cool is this little red head gal broke into the home of bears & ate their food, sat in their chairs, slept in their beds…yada yada.
Something I might do too. If I was a character in a story book…
Back to this porridge. Brown rice is gluten free ~ so great for folks who are on GF diets. This rice was leftovers from my lunch.
I love dairy half & half, but coconut milk would be wonderful in this too.
Use any nuts. I sweeten with maple syrup or honey.
Hope you have a super relaxing, fun & tasty weekend!
Porridge Recipes to Try…
- Chia Porridge Edibly Educated
- Farro Slow Cooker Hot Cereal Peaches Please
- Golden Porridge with Cinnamon & Sugar (Kaachi) Honest & Tasty
- Maple Cinnamon Breakfast Farro Kitchen Confidante
- Pumpkin Buckwheat Porridge Power Bowl Eating Bird Food
- Strawberry Pretzel Overnight Oatmeal