Looking for something simple, fun & healthy to serve your family? How about a great meal for your nutrient packed lunchbox? (Yes, for any kids in your life, your hubs, girlfriend, boyfriend or YOU!)
These Avocado Carrot Sushi Rolls will take you only minutes to prepare & they have a unique twist to make the rice orange, which my kids found fascinating by the way.
Let’s see what it is…
Isn’t this guy adorable? He’s my new bestie…
We could all use more vegetables in the course of a day right? I sure could! My kids…they really could. Green Giant® is teaming up with cookbook author Jessica Seinfeld (Deceptively Delicious) to help your family eat more veggies.
This sushi was very easy to prepare. My kiddos crave avocado rolls all the time.
They were begging to go out for sushi on a school night & I had to say no way. Instead I came up with this recipe & they loved it!
They enjoyed the “carrot rice” twist & did not complain at all about this healthy twist on dinner. Typically they just have the avocado roll with white rice, wrapped up in nori. I got to sneak in the carrots! Which made my life way easier & them very happy.
Each variety box (what you see in my photos) comes with 3 all natural, pure veggie flavors in super convenient pouches. Vegetables include carrot, butternut squash & spinach. There are endless uses for them in recipes, both sweet & savory.
Now there are no excuses not to eat your veggies! This will up your servings per day big time. Use these pouches for soups, chili, in muffins, cakes, cookies, mac & cheese. Don’t be shy when experimenting. The recipe list is endless!
Veggie Blend InsTM are easy to find on Amazon.com. Which means you can click, buy & have this shipped right to your door. Love that! Can’t wait for you to try this sushi & to hear what recipes you come up with.
- 1 cup dry Sushi Rice (cook to package directions, let cool)
- 2 Sheets Nori (Dried Seaweed)
- 1 pouch Green Giant® Carrot Veggie Blend InsTM (try the squash & spinach too!)
- 1 ripe Avocado, cut into strips (dip in lemon juice so it does not brown)
- Sesame Seeds
- Sea Salt
- Gluten Free Tamari or Soy Sauce
- Bamboo Roller
- Plastic Wrap
- Sharp Chefs Knife
- Combine 1/2 of the cooked rice with the carrot Veggie Blend InsTM, season with a little bit of sea salt. Leave the additional rice white.
- Cover your bamboo sushi roller with plastic wrap (this will keep it clean & prevent sticking.) Place a sheet of Nori, rough side up on the bamboo roller. Layer on carrot rice (about 1/4 inch thick) & white rice (or just the carrot rice.) Place 1/2 of the avocado stripes in the middle. Leave some room at the bottom edge of the seaweed for sealing.
- From the top carefully roll the sushi towards you. Press gently as you roll, continue until you have a firm sushi. Repeat for the second roll. Place sushi on a cutting board. Cut 6 slices from each roll, cleaning the knife blade each slice so you get a clean cut. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top. Serve with soy sauce or gluten free Tamari soy sauce.
Vegetable Sushi Recipe Links
- Quinoa Avocado Sushi Mix It Up
- Spicy Avocado & Crunchy Shallot Nori Wraps What’s Cooking Good Looking
- Sushi Italiano Taste without Borders
- Vegetable Nori Rolls with Crunchy Lentils & Tumeric Food Fitness Fresh Air
- Vegetarian Quinoa Sushi 24 Carrot Life
- Vegetarian Sushi Rolls Figs & Cream
Disclosure: I work with General Mills to bring tasty food, ingredients and recipes to your table. All thoughts and opinions are my own.