Happy Monday! I’m so excited for my great pal Georgia Pellegrini. Not only does she lead ladies on the finest of outdoor adventures….but she also has an amazing new cookbook/lifestyle manual called Modern Pioneering.
Thumb through the pages of this hearty book and you will find more than 150 recipes, projects & skills for a self sufficient life. These Cauliflower Steaks with Pine Nut Dressing peaked my interest immediately. My tastebuds we not disappointed.
I’ve known G for quite a few years now. She is a wonderful gal with robust skills in & out of the kitchen. She can rock red lip gloss while perfectly aiming a shot gun to hunt dinner. Georgia is super smart, edgy & stylin’. She now has her own clothing line (which I must get my hands on!)
Self-Sufficiency is the Ultimate Girl Power. (G says that & I agree)
She is someone that I respect. She has great wisdom well beyond her years.
If you don’t know Georgia all ready then she is someone you need to become acquainted with. If you have any proclivity to take a lush trip to the great outdoors (with the finest food, drink & outdoor adventures then I urge you to book a trip with her.)
OK. Back to Modern Pioneering.
This book/manual is filled with the most useful information. It’s a book for modern gals to become doer’s in this fast paced world we live in.
It will inspire you to put down the iPad, pick up a tool, knife (or something along those lines) and start creating. In this book G will inspire you to break out of your comfort zone & explore your inner pioneer.
Inside the pages of Modern Pioneering you can learn about:
- Efficient Gardening: on the balcony, rooftop, patio or planter box (you don’t need to live on a farm to grow stuff)
- Gorgeous Recipes: including Lemony Fig Jam, Pea Pancakes, Coffee Ice Cubes, Apple Butter, Brown Sugar Bacon & these Cauliflower Steaks
- How to: make a Watermelon Keg, Preserve Herbs, Grow Sprouts, Dry Foods, Preserve with Alcohol, Negotiate a Flea Market
- Crafty Stuff: DIY Chalk Paint, Painted Mason Jars, turn Glass Bottles into Glassware, make a Gourd Bird House, How to make Paper
The layout & graphic design of this book make it an easy, fun & playful read. It has abundant, very lovely photography as well!
I’m a really big fan of meaty, protein packed meals. In this case it was really easy to go without the meat.
This cauliflower is hearty, full of flavor & will give you tons of sustainable energy for skiing, hiking, mountain bike riding & active projects. The cauliflower steaks are softened in the oven then sautéed in butter. Then they are dressed with a mix of olive oil, toasted pine nuts, golden raisins and fresh parsley.
They look super pretty to!
I promise you will not miss the meat in this healthy, meatless meal. I served ours with rainbow quinoa (my favorite!) this makes it a full, well rounded meal.
Another thing that perfectly rounds off this meal is a glass of fruity Rosé. Yep.
Enjoy & don’f forget to order your copy of this book today (you can also enter my giveaway for a signed copy of Modern Pioneering in the widget below.)
Purchase Georgia’s Best Selling books right here!
Cauliflower Recipe Links
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Bites The Hungry Hedgehog
- Cheesy Cauliflower Bake Cheryl Style
- Lightened Fried Cauliflower Rice with Chicken A Zesty Bite
- Low Carb Mexican Casserole The Low Carb Diet
- Mexican Pepper Jack Baked Cauliflower Tots Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Roasted Cauliflower with Curried Cashew Cilantro Pesto The Spice Kit Recipes