Looking for a great Thanksgiving side dish? Look no further ~ these Cinnamon Chipotle Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes will change your life. Forever & ever.
You can serve these sweet potatoes for brunch, as an any day side dish/main course and of course on Turkey Day! This recipe is inspired by the awesome new cookbook, The New Southwest by Megan Micozzi (Scarletta Bakes)
There are so many recipes I am intrigued by in this book. I have always loved the flavors of the American Southwest & Megan has profound knowledge & innovative take on this cuisine.
She offers us a funky modern twist on this classic cooking style.
This book has an abundance of sweet & savory recipes to choose from.
I took the liberty to use some of the ingredients I had in my house. Instead of walnuts I used toasted pecans. I swapped out brown sugar for pure maple syrup. I didn’t have ancho chile. I added a little bit of greek yogurt to the potato mash. I also added my true love, ground cinnamon.
And I topped these pretties with extra nuts, raisins & bacon.
And bourbon maple syrup.
I think Megan would be OK with all of that!
Yours truly has a blurb on the back of this book. I was truly honored to be asked by Megan to do this. She is an awesome gal ~ we spent time together last year for reals at the Idaho Potato Harvest Tour. She is a blast and we loved that trip!
Some more recipes I can’t wait to try from her cookbook:
- Caramel-Soaked Mexican Chocolate Pancakes
- Feast Day Cookies
- Hatch Chili Cheese Burgers
- Pinyon Butter Oatmeal
- Pomegranate & Lime Chicken Thighs
- Sweet Glazed Avocado Doughnuts
- Roasted Garlic Guacamole, and
- many, many more!
Sweet Potato Recipe Links
- 4 Ways to Top Sweet Potato Oh My Veggies
- BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato Alida’s Kitchen
- Layered Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole Ambitious Kitchen
- Parmesan Sweet Potato Tots The Cooking Bowl
- Sweet Potato Parmigiana Bites Salad Fuss Free Cooking
- Twice Baked Walnut & Broccoli Sweet Potatoes Produce on Parade
Disclosure: This cookbook was sent to me to review and I am so happy to share it with you!