I think y’all love cheese as much as I do, right? I recently opened my mailbox to find the cookbook Great Balls of Cheese by Michelle Buffardi ~ which is like the coolest thing ever!
Dips can be sweet or savory. As soon as I saw this recipe I knew a chocolate, cream cheese dessert dip had to happen. And in the shape of hearts for Valentine’s Day? Even better!
Cheese balls are the ultimate party, holiday & game day food. Simple to prepare, decadently tasty, festive & pretty to look at.
They were designed for entertaining.
This recipe is called Pink Velvet Hearts & can be found on page 114. I opted out of the red food coloring, so my dessert hearts are not pink. They are cocoa colored.
They taste like chocolate cream cheese frosting. Dip your favorite cookies…
There are over 50 wonderful cheese ball creations for any occasion in this playful cookbook (and lots of great photos by Jason Wyche) Some of my favorite recipes include the following:
- Herbed Turkey (Adorable! With Goat Cheese & Herbes de Provence) pg. 73
- Inside-Out Carrot Cake (Raisins, Carrots, OJ, Pineapple, Toasted Walnuts, YUM!) pg. 94
- Peanut Butter Starfish (Pretty presentation with crushed PB cookies as “sand”) pg.113
- Pizza-Pizza (Looks like mini pizzas with pepperoni!) pg.59
- S’more’s Ball (Campfire inspired dessert cheese ball, no fire needed.) pg. 107
- The Spaniard (Cream Cheese, Chorizo & Manchego) pg.70
(This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for your entries. The winner has been contacted.) Enter to win a copy of Michelle Buffardi’s Great Balls of Cheese right here!
Cheese Ball Recipe Links
- Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball Chocolate Moosey
- Peanut Butter Crunch Cheese Ball Something Swanky
- Pomegranate Rosemary Cheese Ball Beantown Baker
- Potato Chip Crusted Jalapeño Ranch Cheese Ball Neighbor Food
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball Carrie’s Experimental Cooking
- Rocky Road Cheese Ball The Gunny Sack