Looking to sass up an upcycle a cashmere sweater? All you need to do is take some paint and splatter it! I love metallics, but you can use any color you want. You can also do this to shoes, boot, sweats or anything you wish to upcycle and give a trendy edge. This craft couldn’t be easier and it’s a great way to breath life back into a piece of clothing that you might otherwise be done with.
Watch the video…
All you need….
- Cashmere sweater, poncho, etc.
- Metallic (or any color) water based paint. Fabric or acrylic paint.
- Paint Brush
- Drop cloth
- Place your clean, dry item on a drop cloth
- Water down the paint just enough to splatter with your brush
- Dip the brush in paint and flick it onto the garment
- Let dry overnight
- Hand wash in cold water with a mild shampoo, do not wring, lay flat to dry on color safe towel
Shop for everything you need here…
*DISCLOSURE: I occasionally use affiliate links. If you happen purchase something through one of my links, I make a tiny percentage of revenue. Thank you for supporting me and my mission to help make your life it’s very BEST! XO Marla