Are you getting ready for the official kick-off to summer? I cannot believe Memorial Day is around the bend. As the weather heats up we enjoy all kinds of fruity desserts, breakfasts and snacks. Sometimes I love crumbles and crisps with lots of ooey gooey fruits. Other times I want a more crumbly crisp. It all depends on the mood for the day.
Here friends I came up with an Extra Crumbly Crisp. For those days when more topping is top priority.
Don’t be shy. This crisp is just as good n’ healthy for breakfast as it is for a guilt free dessert.
I always love seeing new seasonal produce come into the markets. Plums, apricots, melons and strawberries are everywhere!
Please don’t fret if you don’t have fresh plums on hand. Strawberries, blueberries, apples, apricots would be tasty too.
Use what you love and will make you *smile*
Enjoy with Thick Greek Yogurt for breakfast.
Or with milk…if you are vegan then you know what to do.
This crisp is all ready gluten free and vegan.
Or with ice cream for dessert…
The point is to have extra crumbly crumbs with your fruit. I added dried apricots for good measure. Raisins or dried cranberries would be great too.
What is your favorite fruit crisp or crumble recipe? Feel free to add some links in your comments.
- 6 fresh Plums, chop into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) roasted Pecans, grind into a meal
- 2 cups (75 grams) Brown Rice Cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (43 grams) unrefined Coconut Oil, melted
- 1-2 droppers full Vanilla Stevia Drops adjust to taste
- a large handful diced Dried Apricots, Raisins or chopped Prunes
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Thick Greek Yogurt
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- in a bowl with some Milk
- If your nuts are not all ready roasted pre heat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Coarsely chop nuts and put on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast until fragrant, about ten minutes.
- Keep oven temperature at 350 degrees F.
- Grind nuts in a food processor until a meal/coarse flour is formed. Be careful not to make pecan butter. Remove nuts and place in a large mixing bowl. Pulse the brown rice cereal in the food processor until you have coarse flour. Combine all ingredients with one tablespoon cold water in the mixing bowl. Place crisp in a bake safe casserole dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Add more or less fruit depending on your preference.
- Use any nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios...
- If your dried fruit does not soften to your liking you can soak them for a few minutes in warm water and pat dry before you mix it into the crisp.
Crisp and Crumble Recipe Links
- Cherry Crisp Comfort of Cooking
- Chocolate Quinoa Pear and Plum Crumble Le Delicieux
- Gluten Free Fall Harvest Fruit Crumble MarlaMeridith.com
- Pear Rhubarb Raspberry Crumble Graces Sweet Life
- Raspberry and Blueberry Pistachio/Almond Crumble Graces Sweet Life
- Raw Triple Berry Crisp Oh She Glows
- Strawberry Almond Crumble The Heavenly Earth
- Sweet Potato Crisp MarlaMeridith.com