Are you getting ready for the official kick-off to summer? I cannot believe Memorial Day is around the bend. As the weather heats up we enjoy all kinds of fruity desserts, breakfasts and snacks. Sometimes I love crumbles and crisps with lots of ooey gooey fruits. Other times I want a more crumbly crisp. It all depends on the mood for the day.
Here friends I came up with an Extra Crumbly Crisp. For those days when more topping is top priority.
Don’t be shy. This crisp is just as good n’ healthy for breakfast as it is for a guilt free dessert.
I always love seeing new seasonal produce come into the markets. Plums, apricots, melons and strawberries are everywhere!
Please don’t fret if you don’t have fresh plums on hand. Strawberries, blueberries, apples, apricots would be tasty too.
Use what you love and will make you *smile*
Enjoy with Thick Greek Yogurt for breakfast.
Or with milk…if you are vegan then you know what to do.
This crisp is all ready gluten free and vegan.
Or with ice cream for dessert…
The point is to have extra crumbly crumbs with your fruit. I added dried apricots for good measure. Raisins or dried cranberries would be great too.
What is your favorite fruit crisp or crumble recipe? Feel free to add some links in your comments.
Crisp and Crumble Recipe Links
- Cherry Crisp Comfort of Cooking
- Chocolate Quinoa Pear and Plum Crumble Le Delicieux
- Gluten Free Fall Harvest Fruit Crumble MarlaMeridith.com
- Pear Rhubarb Raspberry Crumble Graces Sweet Life
- Raspberry and Blueberry Pistachio/Almond Crumble Graces Sweet Life
- Raw Triple Berry Crisp Oh She Glows
- Strawberry Almond Crumble The Heavenly Earth
- Sweet Potato Crisp MarlaMeridith.com