I’ve been experimenting a whole lot with baking here in Telluride. I’m trying to come up with amazing cakes, bars & treats that maintain the integrity of using whole food ingredients.
It has been a really fun journey & challenging at 10,000 feet. These Blackberry Lemon Cake Bars are exactly what I was looking for – sweet, gluten free and they have berries (my favorite!)
I try to sneak berries into everything….you have seen lots of blueberries here lately.
Now blackberries are the rock stars!
Frozen or fresh ones are great in this recipe. Whatever you have on hand.
Make sure to enjoy with coffee & cream too!
- 2 cups Cup4Cup Gluten Free Flour Blend, or any baking flour same measurement
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Organic Whole Cane Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup frozen Blackberries, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon natural Lemon Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Cooking Spray
- Spray or line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper. Pre heat oven to 350 degree F with the rack in the middle.
- In a bowl add the dry ingredients & whisk them together.
- Add butter & sugar to a stand mixer bowl and mix on low until well combined. Add eggs & extracts, mix on medium speed. Add flour mixture, mix on low until well combined. Gently fold in blackberries with a spatula.
- Transfer batter to the baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out virtually crumb free.
Cake Bars Recipe Links
- Almond Cherry Cake Bars Pretty. Simple. Sweet.
- Cherry Oatmeal Crumble Bars Mom on Time Out
- Easy Chickpea Blondie Bars Oatmeal with a Fork
- Peanut Butter & Pretzel Cake Bars Femme Fraiche
- Red Velvet Gooey Cheesecake Bars Two in the Kitchen
- Shortcut Carrot Cake Bars Yes to Yum