Two things you need to know before I talk about Blueberry Lemon Muffins. I have never had anything other than coffee at Panera Bread. I am part of a Gluten Free Panera Dream Day food blogger event. So I guess you could say, if they started baking up healthy muffins like these you might find me ordering something other than coffee. I received my assignment quite a few weeks ago and just noticed that it says “Wild Blueberry Muffins.” I sassed my version up with lemon.
I was so excited when I stumbled upon those super cute July 4th cupcake toppers. Celebrations become even more fun with the smallest embellishments.
In case you are wondering, these are some of the best muffins I have ever had. Juicy blueberries meet bright lemon with the perfect crumb……each bite is blissful.
The Panera Dream Day event was founded and organized by the super awesome Marly from the vegan food blog Namely Marly. I have followed her delightful blog for sometime now and finally had the chance to meet her for real at BlogHer Food this past April. She is full of wisdom, wit and charm. Thanks for including me in this group!
Any opportunity to work with a group of great bloggers makes me happy and motivated. Love our community big time. Especially when it comes to creating recipes that feed a greater cause. Speaking of greater causes have you purchased your Peko Peko Charity Cookbook yet?
Coming together as a group hopefully we can change restaurant menus for the better. They also need to understand the importance of not cross contaminating foods, especially for folks who have strong sensitivities. For me bakery goods are not usually suitable because I am sugar free and I choose whole food ingredients over processed ones.
Do you have any plans for July 4th celebrations? How do you think we can best encourage restaurants to share uncontaminated gluten free foods?
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) fresh or frozen Blueberries + 1/4 cup for topping
- 1 cup (118 grams) blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup (74 grams) Oat Flour + 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 2 large Eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) unsweetened light Coconut Milk
- zest from 1 Lemon
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2-3 droppers full Vanilla Stevia Drops, adjust sweetness to taste
- fresh Blueberries and Pomegranate Seeds
- Powdered Stevia
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle. Prepare muffin pans with liners. In a medium bowl whisk together almond flour, oat flour, baking soda and sea salt. In another bowl combine eggs, coconut milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and stevia.Combine wet and dry ingredients. Taste batter and make any stevia/sweetness adjustments. Gently fold in 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Fill muffin pans about 3/4 full with batter and top each with some blueberries. Bake muffins for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out virtually crumb free.
Participating Blogger Links
Join us on our Gluten-Free Dream Day by visiting these friends who have created gluten-free versions of Panera Bread Bar goodies. Maybe one day, bakeries around the planet will offer more gluten-free goodies for this growing demographic!
- Allyson Kramer: Jalapeno Cheddar Bagel
- MarlaMeridith.com: Wild Blueberry Muffins
- Oh She Glows: Apple Crunch Muffins
- Veggie Num Num: Pumpkin Muffin
- Multiply Delicious: Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Heather Strang: Orange Scones
- Clean Green Simple: Spinach & Artichoke Souffle
Also, check out some other great Gluten-Free bloggers offering delicious recipes fro café-type bread bar items:
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls: The Sensitive Pantry
- Chocolate Chippers: Elana’s Pantry
- Dark Chocolate Brownies: The Gluten Free Goddess
- Pumpkin Muffins: Better Batter
- Carrot Muffins: My Real Food Life
- Crusty Rosemary and Kalmata Olive Bread Gluten Free Girl
- Blueberry Scones: Shortbread Bakery
- Strawberry Cupcakes Simply Gluten Free
Right now the only way to try all these gluten-free goodies is to make them yourself. But who knows, maybe someday you’ll be able to pop into a place like Panera and enjoy one right from their menu. Mine are sugar free & whole grain too. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.
Gluten Free Muffins Recipe Links
- Blackberry Banana Coconut Muffin Bites Natural Noshing
- Double Chocolate Power Muffins All Day I Dream About Food
- Mango Muffins MarlaMeridith.com
- Matcha Green Tea Pistachio Muffins MarlaMeridith.com
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Healthy Green Kitchen
- Vanilla Lavandar Muffins with Honey Yogurt Icing Scandi Foodie
MarlaMeridith.com Disclosure: This post was in no way endorsed by Panera Bread. It is simply a concept by bloggers to encourage a companies awareness and growth.