Grilled Tofu with Summer Squash and Soba Noodles
June 27, 2011
For this week of Get Grillin’ we are going meatless. Cookin’ Canuck and I have grilled up some vegetarian vittles for you and we can’t wait to see what recipes you will be linking up. Our summer grill event has been so much fun so far. As we roll into week four Dara and I have enjoyed meeting so many new online friends and welcoming back folks we have known for a while.
Up until recently I had never grilled tofu. I have admired it for some time on Foodgawker and Tastespotting, and couldn’t wait to experiment with it. I love the way it gets clearly defined grill marks and it is a great alternative to meat, poultry or seafood.
If you cannot find super, extra firm tofu then please take the time to press it the night before. To get the most flavor out of tofu and to keep it from being mushy and bland it must contain as little water as possible. The blog Sweet Cheeks in the Kitchen has great tips on how to press your tofu. Averie at Love Veggies and Yoga also has amazing Tofu Tips and a hugely popular recipe for Peanut Sauce Baked Tofu.
With July 4th around the corner this would be a wonderful option to serve your vegetarian or vegan guests. I also have these Almond Butter Chickpea Cookies if you want to stick with the vegan theme. My Telluride Trail Bars make a great dessert or snack to have available too.
You could even slice this tofu into little squares and serve them on skewers for appetizers.
It is always fun slurping up noodles. You can use buckwheat based Soba or gluten free pasta.
There are a few ways you can prepare these veggies on the grill. Usually I use my grill basket as I did for these Balsamic Grilled Vegetables. In this recipe I wanted to try out my new ManPans and see how it cooperated on my grill. I am in love with the results, a bit different than the basket but a wonderful option. If you want some char then go with the basket. If you want steamed and saucy than the pan is a great option. Either way is a win.
Have you ever grilled tofu? What is your favorite way to prepare it?
Grilled Tofu Recipe Links
- Grilled Asian Tofu Iowa Girl Eats
- Lemongrass Tofu with Satay Sauce Olives for Dinner
- Making Baked or Grilled Tofu Sweet Cheeks in the Kitchen
- Spicy Grilled Tofu Veggie 101
- Spicy Sriracha Grilled Tofu The Bitten Word
This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for your entries! Stay tuned for more fun giveaways soon.
Our awesome sponsor ManPans is providing one lucky reader with a 10 inch Stir Fry Wok and Steamer Set valued at $135.00. These pans are red hot in the culinary world for many good reasons. They are eco-friendly, made in the USA and extremely durable, They can take the heat too, ManPans are safe up to 700 degrees Fahrenheit. The finish on these pans won’t cook, chip or flake off. You can even use it on the grill as I did.
This giveaway is open to USA visitors and will be open until Sunday, July 3rd at 5pm PST.
The winner will be chosen at Random.org and will be notified via email, so please make sure your email address is correct. You will have 48 hours to respond to me, or a new winner will be chosen.
This week’s theme is anything Vegetarian. Remember, your recipes do not have to be made on the grill. Any backyard barbecue-appropriate recipe will do.
How to Enter
1) You can enter up to three (3) recipes in each week of Get Grillin’
If you don’t have a blog, that’s okay. Just leave your recipe in the comments section of our themed post during any day of the themed week. Just do so on either Dara’s or my blog, not both.
2) For a chance to win this ManPans wok, enter your recipe(s) using the recipe link widget found below. Add your link to your grilling post to the widget on either MarlaMeridith.com or Cookin’ Canuck. You only need to add it on one site, but it will show up on both.If you don’t have a blog, then enter your recipe in the comments section. Read below for instructions on earning extra entries.
3) Somewhere in your post, please include the following “Get Grillin’ with MarlaMeridith.com and Cookin’ Canuck, sponsored by Ile de France Cheese, Rösle, Emile Henry, Rouxbe and ManPans.” This must be included for a chance to win the prize of the week.
To earn additional entries (you can only do so if you have entered a recipe), leave a separate comment for each of the steps listed below. If you don’t leave separate comments for each step, the number generator will not count them as separate entries.
- Re-tweet this giveaway, being sure to include my Twitter handle (@MarlaMeridith). Here’s a sample tweet you could use: #GetGrillin w/@MarlaMeridith & @cookincanuck Share Vegetarian recipes for @ManPans giveaway $122 Stir Fry Wok & Steamer set http://su.pr/3GCtXU
- Follow @MarlaMeridith on Twitter
- Follow @CookinCanuck on Twitter
- Follow ManPans on Twitter
- Copy and paste our Get Grillin’ Badge into your sidebar or blog post.
- Stumble this post
*You can stay in touch with ManPans on Facebook, MarlaMeridith.com or Cookin’ Canuck too.
MarlaMeridith.com Disclosure: This giveaway has been provided by ManPans. I love their products and have chosen to run this promo with Cookin’ Canuck.