Sometimes we need to show off our quirks. Allow me to welcome the weekend by admitting this: I know Breakfast Cookie French Toast is a little silly. This is one of those funky & delicious things I do often and could not resist sharing with you.
A lot of you might remember two of my all time favorite Lemon Ricotta Breakfast Cookies and my Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie posts. See those photos above. That’s what they look like before they are dipped in egg…….
As a lot of you know by now Stuffed French Toast is my all time favorite breakfast. I prepare it really healthy & it has me bouncing out of bed every morning at 4am. That and a large pot of strong coffee. The slightly toasted, kinda gooey sweet bread (always Ezekiel) smothered in egg tempts me like nothing else. In this case cookies are a fun twist on the bread.
Do not hesitate to serve with fresh fruit and some cream cheese. Or chocolate sauce.
Now friends, even though this breakfast sounds a bit risqué and ridiculously high calorie it is so not if you use one of my breakfast cookie recipes and stick to appropriate portion sizes. I always add a lot of cinnamon, a dash of salt and a whole lot of stevia drops. Vanilla and English Toffee drops are always my favorite. If honey or maple syrup is your thing than go with that. A little bit of sweet granulated crunch is nice too.
So you can tell how excited I am about everything French Toast…yes? That is why I had such a blast experimenting.
Both of those cookies are super porous so they soak up the egg nicely. They fry up really quick in a pan and serve up even better with your favorite bacon. When in a lighter mood I simply spray a non stick pan with cooking spray. For a bit more sustain & flavor I use some butter or unrefined coconut oil to coat the pan.
By the way I am also known to make Muffin French Toast too. Most recently I fried up my gluten free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins the same way. Egg battered bliss…..
Do you have any quirky recipes you would like to share? What is your favorite way to prepare French Toast?
Breakfast Cookie French Toast – Gluten Free
Makes 1 serving, adjust ingredients accordingly
- Use a porous cookie that will soak up the egg well.
- Use either egg whites or whisk up a whole egg before dunking the cookie.
- I use my Lemon Ricotta Breakfast Cookies or my Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies recipes
- 2-3 Breakfast Cookies, make sure they can soak up the egg
- 2 ounces of Egg Whites or 1 large Egg, whisked with a drop of Milk (plus an extra side of eggs if you want)
- Cooking Spray, Butter or unrefined Coconut Oil
- a few strips of your favorite Bacon, cooked and ready to go
- Vanilla or English Toffee Stevia Drops, pure Maple Syrup or Honey
- a sprinkle of Sucanat, Stevia Powder or Powdered Sugar
- a sprinkle of ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg
- a pinch of Sea Salt
OPTIONAL GARNISH & DIPS
- lightly sweetened freshly Whipped Cream
- fat free Greek Yogurt
- chopped toasted Nuts
- Raspberry Sauce or Blueberry Sauce
- a dollop of Peanut Butter or any Nut Butter
- Chocolate Sauce
Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat with a little cooking spray, butter or unrefined coconut oil. Soak cookies in eggs. Fry up in the pan until each side is slightly browned. Serve with a side of bacon and top with the sweets and spices, a dash of salt and any preferred toppings.
French Toast Recipe Links
- Baked French Toast Soufflé Jenny Steffens
- French Toasted Angel Food Cake Sprinkle Bakes
- French Toast Bruleé Baked Bree
- French Toast with Blueberry Goat Cheese Filling Sweet Savory Planet
- Pumpkin Ricotta Stuffed French Toast MarlaMeridith.com
- Strawberry Mozzarella Stuffed French Toast MarlaMeridith.com