Hi! How was your weekend? I sure hope it was filled with relaxation and fun! We were super busy with all kinds of events in town & my folks are here for a visit.
Nothing defines the weekend mornings more for us than a wonderful homemade breakfast. Slower paced mornings mean some time in the kitchen for recipes like these Gluten Free Oat Waffles.
Even though it’s Monday, let’s just pretend for a moment it’s Sunday….
Though going out for brunch is fun…we prefer to stay home. In plaid PJ’s & be lazy.
Bourbon maple syrup makes waffles a little more feisty.
(Give the kids plain maple syrup though.)
The bourbon kick is a bit of a celebration if you will.
You can make these waffles ahead of time so you can enjoy them during the week.
Ahhhh…such a pleasant idea.
Simply let them cool, trim into the size you want. Wrap each one in parchment or wax paper & seal in an airtight bag.
To reheat you can pop ’em in the toaster…perfect for busy school mornings & way better than packaged waffles.
Waffle Recipe Links
- Blueberry Oat Waffle French Toast Edible Perspective
- Brown Butter Waffle Cake Local Milk
- Chocolate Brownie Waffles with Blackberry Sauce Craft Foxes
- Cornmeal Waffles Sweet Treats
- Homemade Zucchini Oat Waffles Veggie and the Beast
- Vegan Peanut Butter Whole Wheat Waffles cait’s plate