Do you ever have a recipe that was just somethin’ thrown together in a pinch? Somethin’ never meant to be shared with the outside world until you take a bite of it? That’s these Green Beans with Beech Mushrooms & Olives. This recipe was a solid attempt at cleaning out the fridge and now it will become one of our favorite side dishes.
I had olives, beech mushrooms & green beans staring back at me when I opened the fridge ~ here is the story of their marriage…
This recipe was never meant to be posted.
These clicks happened as soon as I took a taste & saw how very handsome this was.
Some of these photos are even from my iPhone. Posted on Instagram.
Beech mushrooms are such pretty little things. They have a unique sweet & nutty, elegant mushroom flavor. They go perfect with the stuffed green olives.
The bright greens and reds in this recipe beg to be photographed. I did not want you to miss out on something so simple & delicious.
All you need to do to make this perfect side dish is sauté some sliced green beans in olive oil….add the beech mushrooms & olives. Top with some sliced green onions.
Serve these beans hot or cold. This side dish would make the perfect picnic or outdoor party salad. Also great for Project LunchBox.
Toss with pasta or quinoa for a full meal.
How do you like to prepare green beans?
- 1 pound Green Beans, clean, trim ends off and cut in 1/2
- 1 package (8 ounces) Beech Mushrooms, trim off bulky stem
- 2 tablespoons high quality fruity Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced Green Olives with Pimento, keep about 1 tablespoon juice with the olives
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, sliced thin
- Heat olive oil in a medium fry pan over medium heat. Add green beans. Season with some garlic salt & black pepper. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until the beans start to soften and turn bright green. Add the beech mushrooms and olives. Toss gently to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes. Serve hot or cold and top with sliced green onion.
Green Bean Recipe Links