Grilled Cheese with Baby Spinach. Ooey gooey, hot melted cheese, fried up with lots of butter on whole grain seeded bread. Let’s not forget the mayo. And spinach because that makes this healthy. Right?
Have you ever tried Dave’s Killer Bread. It really is killer. Especially when it soaks up a whole lot of butter.
I used their Powerseed bread in this recipe.
For me Vermont Creamery Cultured Butter is also a favorite. Don’t be shy.
Use a lot when you make grilled cheese & your tastebuds will thank you. Besides it makes the crunch out of this world!
So if you do anything in the kitchen this weekend, may I suggest you take out your skillet and go to town on this.
Takes no time at all to slap a few pieces of bread together with the other stuff.
Well worth your few minutes standing in the kitchen.
While your at it…do yourself a favorite & whip up a batch of Strawberry Moscow Mule Cocktails.
Thank me later &….
- 2 slices of your favorite Bread
- Salted Butter (I love cultured/European butter)
- 2 slices of Medium Cheddar Cheese
- 2 slices Muenster Cheese
- Baby Spinach
- Place a large pat of butter in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Let it melt & bubble. Slather some mayo on each slice of bread. On one piece arrange a layer of baby spinach leaves. Top that with 2 slices of cheese. Place 2 slices of cheese on the other piece of bread. Carefully make a sandwich & place it in the hot pan.
- Let the first side brown before flipping. Add more butter to the pan & cook the other side until just browned. Reduce heat to medium. The secret to success is flipping this grilled cheese often & not letting it burn. You will also want to keep adding butter to the pan. Cook until cheese is all melted & spinach has wilted.
Grilled Cheese Recipe Links