My kids begged me to make Chocolate Truffles with them for Valentine’s Day gifts. Little tokens of love for their pals & teachers.
So that is exactly what we did. At 6:30am on a Saturday morning…
There are a few great things about chocolate truffles…
- They are made of CHOCOLATE
- You can FLAVOR them anyway you wish
- Truffles are ELEGANT
- Truffles are really EASY to PREPARE
- No BAKING involved.
- Make them yourself with any CHOCOLATE you like best. White, Milk Dark…a blend
- It is wayyyy CHEAPER to make them yourself then buy them in a store!
- Making truffles is FUN!
Basically all you need to do is make a quick & easy Chocolate Ganache. There is a 2:1 ratio chocolate to cream. You bring the cream to a boil then pour it over the chocolate.
While the cream is cooking you can add flavors to infuse it with. We add vanilla extract after we pour the hot cream into the chocolate. Mix the hot cream & fudge together until you get the consistency of fudgey sauce.
Let this firm up in the fridge for a few hours.
Then you scoop the firm ganache & roll it into balls of any size. We like 1 inch size best.
Then you coat the truffle in toppings. Get creative or stay classic.
We coated our truffles in real chocolate sprinkles, cocoa powder & rainbow nonpareils. A medley of fun!
After all that, you chill the truffles in the fridge so they firm up again.
Then eat them yourself or package them pretty for gifts. We have not yet figured out our packaging. We are thinking either mason jars with Valentine’s tags or Chinese take out containers.
Don’t these look like flowers? I had gobs of fun photographing them! Kinda like pop art, don’t you think?
Enjoy making Chocolate Truffles & be sure to involve the kiddos!
Chocolate Truffles Recipe Links
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles Deliciously Yum!
- Gluten Free Cookie Dough Truffles Just a Dash More
- Kahlua-Hazlenut Chocolate Truffles Very Culinary
- Roasted Almond & Black Pepper Truffles Adventures in Cooking
- Strawberry Cream Truffles Dizzy Busy and Hungry!
- Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Truffles One Ingredient Chef