Can you believe Valentine’s Day is next week? Wow! Where is the time going? I guess it’s the perfect time to celebrate love, romance & most importantly…chocolate!
My Valentine’s Popcorn Snack Mix can be tucked inside a lunchbox, handed out to your co-workers or brought on road trip. Or just snacked on in your house.
So what’s in this sweet & crunchy medley anyways?
Well we’ve got coconut popcorn, mini marshmallows, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, Hershey’s Kisses (everyone needs a kiss!) semi-sweet chocolate chips, cherry licorice bites & anything else you can dream up!
Red & pink M&M’s would be super fun too. Not to be found in Telluride though.
Part of the thrill of living here is you have an abundance of nature & remote living. But sometimes you can’t find certain food items when you want them. Oh well I say.
Enjoy your Valentine & your popcorn!
- 1/4 cup Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Popcorn
- Powdered Sugar or Stevia Powder (to taste)
- Fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Covered Sunflower Seeds
- 1 box (7 ounces) Cherry Licorice Bites
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Hershey's Kisses
- Heat the oil and popcorn in a large, deep metal pot over high heat. Have the pot lid and a large bowl handy. The oil will sizzle and the popcorn will start to pop. Cover with the lid and agitate/slide the pan around vigorously. When about to overflow dump the popcorn into the bowl. Continue to do this until all of the popcorn is popped. *if your pot is large enough you will not need to dump into a bowl. Stop popping when the kernels are no longer making noise.
- When popcorn cools to room temperature toss with sugar or stevia & salt to taste. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
Popcorn Recipe Links