Not sure about you guys, but geesh have things been busy around here. Weekdays and weekends are full of outdoors fun. Between the excellent skiing & my visits to North Rim Hunt Club….it is rare that I am home.
Being in the house to cook usually happens aprés ski. I enjoy winding down while buzzing around the kitchen. Meals need to be simple, healthy, delicious and at the ready at all times. My Orzo Pasta with Roasted Broccoli & Chickpeas recipe will give ya great energy for BIG days on or off the slopes. It’s perfect for picnics & travel too!
Isn’t it great when you have a recipe like this ~ one that you can enjoy as a chilled pasta salad or a warming winters meal? Versatility is a happy thing around here. Orzo is the perfect teeny tiny pasta that can be mixed with all sorts of ingredients.
Toasted pine nuts are gonna up the anti for this pasta. If you don’t have these, use another nut. Chopped walnuts and pecans would be great too.
What are some of your favorite orzo pasta recipes?
Orzo Pasta Recipe Links
- Brown Butter Halibut Orzo & Mushroom Broth A Spicy Perspective
- Hearty Chicken Sausage, Roasted Pepper & Whole Wheat Orzo Soup Cookin’ Canuck
- Mushroom & Green Onion Orzo with Béchamel Sauce Green Chili Peppers
- Orzo Risotto with Leeks and Mushrooms A Communal Table
- Orzo with Basil, Zucchini & Red Pepper MarlaMeridith.com
- Steak and Cremini Mushroom Orzo Pilaf Spicie Foodie