Not sure ’bout you guys, but geesh have things been busy around here. Weekdays and weekends are full of outdoors fun.
Being in the house to cook usually happens aprés ski. I enjoy winding down while buzzing around the kitchen. Meals need to be simple, healthy, delicious and at the ready at all times. My Orzo Pasta with Roasted Broccoli & Chickpeas recipe will give ya great energy for BIG days on or off the slopes. It’s perfect for picnics & travel too!
Isn’t it great when you have a recipe like this ~ one that you can enjoy as a chilled pasta salad or a warming winters meal? Versatility is a happy thing around here.
Orzo is the perfect teeny tiny pasta that can be mixed with all sorts of ingredients.
Toasted pine nuts are gonna up the anti for this pasta. If you don’t have these, use another nut. Chopped walnuts and pecans would be great too.
What are some of your favorite orzo pasta recipes?
- 1/2 pound (226 g) Orzo Pasta
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas), rinsed & drained
- 1 head Broccoli, cut into small florets
- Curry Powder
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- 1 cup (57 g) Toasted Pine Nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F with the rack in the middle. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Cook orzo pasta, toss with olive oil and set aside. Dry chickpeas with paper towels. Toss broccoli and chickpeas with olive oil, curry powder, garlic powder and pepper. Roast about 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and soft.
- Toss orzo with roasted broccoli & chickpeas. To taste: mix with lemon juice and additional curry powder, pepper and garlic salt if needed. Top with toasted pine nuts.
- In a small skillet heat pine nuts over medium low heat for a few minute until slightly browned. Stir and shake the pan so they do not burn.
Orzo Pasta Recipe Links
- Brown Butter Halibut Orzo & Mushroom Broth A Spicy Perspective
- Hearty Chicken Sausage, Roasted Pepper & Whole Wheat Orzo Soup Cookin’ Canuck
- Mushroom & Green Onion Orzo with Béchamel Sauce Green Chili Peppers
- Orzo Risotto with Leeks and Mushrooms A Communal Table
- Orzo with Basil, Zucchini & Red Pepper MarlaMeridith.com
- Steak and Cremini Mushroom Orzo Pilaf Spicie Foodie