Are you looking for a comfort food kinda meal that is really healthy too? Awesome! Then my Pasta with Spinach, Pancetta and Pomegranate has your name written all over it.
Smoky Pancetta, sweet pomegranates and a good daily dose of leafy green spinach ~ all in one happy pasta dish.
Aren’t pomegranates so beautiful?! The ruby red arils tucked inside the creamy white pith, all cased in a magenta shell. Such a unique fruit.
The sweet / astringent flavor as the seeds burst in your mouth. A treat, a sensory delight!
I used gluten free pasta in this recipe. You can choose your favorite pasta.
Do you ever cook with Pancetta? It’s an Italian bacon that adds so much flavor to dishes like this.
Pancetta is a salt cured pork belly meat ~ a little goes a long way which is nice.
I topped it with some roasted slivered almonds. For me a handful of nuts goes on just about everything.
You can also use some slivered parmesan, blue cheese, gorgonzola ~ anything you like! Enjoy.
- 8 ounces (227 grams) Gluten Free Brown Rice Spaghetti, cooked and drained (or any pasta you like)
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup (120 g) diced Red Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove, diced
- 4 ounces (120 g) Pancetta, small dice
- 6 ounces (170 grams) Baby Spinach
- 4 ounces (115 grams) fresh Pomegranate Seeds (Arils)
- Garlic Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- Fresh Thyme
- Black Pepper
- Roasted Slivered Almonds
- Crumbled Feta, Blue Cheese, or slivered Parmesan Cheese (your choice)
- Cook pasta, toss with some olive oil and set aside. Add a splash of olive oil to a large saucepan. Heat the garlic and onion over medium heat until lightly browned and the onions translucent. Stir often. Season with garlic salt, smoked paprika and black pepper. Add pancetta, cook for about 1 minute. Add baby spinach ~ one handful at a time. Let each handful wilt a bit before adding the next. Once all of the spinach is wilted toss with pasta, pomegranate seeds and some fresh thyme. Season to taste with more garlic salt, smoked paprika and black pepper if needed. Top with slivered almonds or cheese.
Pancetta Pasta Recipe Links
- Creamy Orecchiette with Peas, Pancetta and Mint Five And Spice
- Fusilli Pasta with Cremini Mushrooms Thyme
- Pasta with Black Kale Pesto and Pancetta Jul’s Kitchen
- Penne with Broccoli Rabe and Pancetta Cooking Books
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara Kitchen Trials
- Sweet Sausage, Pancetta and Fennel Pasta Kitchen Trials