Pasta with Spinach, Pancetta and Pomegranate
January 9, 2013
Are you looking for a comfort food kinda meal that is really healthy too? Awesome! Then my Pasta with Spinach, Pancetta and Pomegranate has your name written all over it.
Smoky Pancetta, sweet pomegranates and a good daily dose of leafy green spinach ~ all in one happy pasta dish.
Aren’t pomegranates so beautiful?! The ruby red arils tucked inside the creamy white pith, all cased in a magenta shell. Such a unique fruit.
The sweet / astringent flavor as the seeds burst in your mouth. A treat, a sensory delight!
I used gluten free pasta in this recipe. You can choose your favorite pasta.
Do you ever cook with Pancetta? It’s an Italian bacon that adds so much flavor to dishes like this.
Pancetta is a salt cured pork belly meat ~ a little goes a long way which is nice.
I topped it with some roasted slivered almonds. For me a handful of nuts goes on just about everything.
You can also use some slivered parmesan, blue cheese, gorgonzola ~ anything you like! Enjoy.
Pancetta Pasta Recipe Links
- Creamy Orecchiette with Peas, Pancetta and Mint Five And Spice
- Fusilli Pasta with Cremini Mushrooms Thyme
- Pasta with Black Kale Pesto and Pancetta Jul’s Kitchen
- Penne with Broccoli Rabe and Pancetta Cooking Books
- Spaghetti alla Carbonara Kitchen Trials
- Sweet Sausage, Pancetta and Fennel Pasta Kitchen Trials