Looking for a last minute countdown to Christmas? I came up with this idea while driving my kids to school. So many creative ideas flood my mind early in the morning! After kiddo drop-off, I dashed home and put this together in no time at all. My kids are super excited to open their first pretty satchel today after school. This is a quick and simple DIY craft that makes the days leading up to Santa’s arrival tasty fun. You only need a few supplies to make this happen!
All you need:
- 24 or 25 squares of fabric (some folks like to open on Christmas day)
- thin ribbon or cord
- post it notes
- magic markers
- foam core board
- little nails or thumbtacks
- snowflake gift tags
- Write out numbers 1-25 on post-it notes, make ’em pretty!
- Place a small handful of candy in the center of each piece of fabric.
- Bring the corners together or each candy filled square together and make a satchel out of it.
- Tie with enough ribbon or cord & have some left over for hanging.
- Hammer or push in nails.
- Hang snowflake ornaments and satchels around the board.
- Add numbers in a random order. Makes it more fun for the kiddos to find the day!
3 thoughts on “Pretty Satchels Advent Calendar”
Adorable! My kids love advent. It’s such a fun tradition.
Super cute Marla!!