Yay! We all made it through Halloween…are you ready to start thinking about Thanksgiving? I sure hope so because I have been recipe testing lots of great new recipes that I can’t wait to share with you. Raise your hand if you love stuffing. OK. Great! How about a new twist on this classic holiday side dish.
I love quinoa.
Pair it with crispy sweet/tangy apples, a pinch of cinnamon, roasted sweet potato wedges…
…and crunchy hazelnuts. Are you happy now? I thought so.
This is a great alternative for people on gluten free and grain free diets. It is also great for people like me who just happen to love quinoa.
To make things even more pretty add some apple slices and fresh or dried cranberries.
I actually prefer the fresh cranberries even though they are crazy tart. Most folks prefer the sweet dried ones though.
Plan accordingly & expect people other than me to pull off the tart ones.
I also have a fun breakfast/brunch quinoa bake you should try ~ it too has sweet potatoes in it Quinoa Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake.
Have you been on the hunt for your Thanksgiving recipes yet? What unique recipes have caught your eye?
Do you tend to stick with the traditional or play around with modern twists?
Quinoa Recipe Links
- Apple Almond Quinoa with Maple Sausage Iowa Girl Eats
- Butternut Quinoa with Cranberries and Pepitas Daily Waffle
- Cinnamon Quinoa Bars Meaningful Eats
- Fruit and Egg Quinoa Breakfast Parfaits MarlaMeridith.com
- Green Beans with Toasted Walnuts and Quinoa MarlaMeridith.com
- Layered Quinoa Salad with Beet Vinaigrette MarlaMeridith.com
- Quinoa Recipe Round-Up Liv Life
- Quinoa Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake MarlaMeridith.com