I have been on a breakfast binge so to speak. Last week I posted 5o Amazing Oatmeal Recipes which you guys swooned over. Since we all love oatmeal so much I figured why not share a new oat recipe today!
I dig chai tea and I figured it would be a delicious flavoring to add to oatmeal ~ you have gotta try this asap…
I adore bananas as do my kiddos.
Roasting fruits and vegetables adds so much flavor. The heat brings out a natural sweetness and amplified flavor. It is worth the extra time it takes.
The natural sugars are pronounced and caramelization happens.
This recipe is vegan and gluten free in case you are wondering.
Baked oatmeal is awesome because you get to make a large amount of healthy food that that is perfect to grab when you are in a time crunch.
Not sure about you but I am always in a time crunch these days…
Maybe it has something to do with a ski resort outside my front door.
The sunrises here in Telluride are spectacular ~ a fun way to wake up and enjoy oatmeal and a steamy cup of coffee.
Top your oats with raisins, almonds and creamy coconut milk.
The chai tea is steeped in almond and coconut milk….it adds the perfect spiced flavor to this dish.
For some guilt free decadence top with some Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream.
Enjoy this comforting, healthy and balanced way to start the day!
- 3 large Bananas, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 3 cups (310 g) Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 4 cups (32 ounces) unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Light Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 4 Chai Tea Bags
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1-2 droppers full Vanilla Stevia Drops to taste
- 1/4 cup (20 g) slivered Roasted Almonds
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Pre heat oven to 375 F with the rack in the middle. Toss banana slices with coconut oil, spread on a lined baking pan in a single layer, Bake for 30 minutes until bananas are sizzling, browned and caramelized.
- Bring almond milk and coconut milk to a boil with the cinnamon stick. Remove from heat, add the tea bags and steep for 10 minutes. Carefully squeeze the tea bags against the edge of the pan with a wooden spoon to release all the flavor. Be careful not to break them. Remove the tea bags and cinnamon stick.
- Reduce oven to 350 F. Mash 1/2 of the bananas with a few spoonfuls of the hot milk until you have a paste. In a large bowl combine the hot milk with the mashed bananas,oats, salt and baking powder. Transfer oatmeal to a 3 quart sprayed casserole dish. Top with extra roasted bananas and cover loosely with foil. Bake about 45 minutes. Remove foil last 5 minutes of baking.
- Top with roasted almonds and raisins. Serve with some coconut milk or almond milk and maple syrup. For some guilt free decadence top with some Vegan Whipped Cream
Oatmeal Recipe Links
- Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Apple and Cinnamon
- Berry Oat-Fait in a Bowl Wallflour Girl
- Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Old Time Cooking Recipes
- DIY Microwave Oatmeal Mom’s Kitchen Handbook
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Pastry Affair
- Strawberry Banana Breakfast Bake MarlaMeridith.com