Looking for a fabulous summer side? I’m always on the quest for great picnic/BBQ items especially this time of year.
Roasted corn becomes even more tasty with harissa (Moroccan red pepper sauce) mixed with creamy butter….
This corn can be just as easily roasted in the oven or cooked on the grill.
Each piece is smothered in harissa butter then individually wrapped in tin foil. Heat in a 400 degree oven for about 25-35 minutes. I was sent this Mina Harissa to sample & I love it! I used the mild version in this recipe.
Remove from the oven, finish with fresh lemon zest & voila! Perfectly cooked, blissful & buttery corn.
Your guests will love this roasted corn for July 4th, any summer picnics & BBQ’s…we’ve been digging into it for mid day pick me up snacks!
- 5 ears fresh Sweet Corn, husks removed
- 1 stick unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mild or spicy Harissa (Moroccan Red Pepper Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried chopped Chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Sea Salt Flakes
- grated Lime Zest
- Lime wedges
- any extra Harissa Butter
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F with the rack in the middle ~ or preheat a grill to medium high. Have 5 sheets of foil handy, place a piece of corn on each piece.
- Mix softened butter with harissa, chives, garlic salt, smoked paprika and pepper. Generously coat all sides of each piece of corn with butter mixture. Place on foil & wrap well & completely. Roast or grill for 25-30 minutes or until corn is perfectly cooked.
- Top with sea salt flakes & lime zest. Serve with lime wedges & any extra harissa butter.
Roasted Corn Recipe Links
- Mexican Style Roasted Corn Amsterdam Food Stories
- Parmesan Chipotle Corn on the Cob Kirbie’s Cravings
- Roasted Corn & Edamame Salad Spicy Southern Kitchen
- Roasted Corn Fiesta Guacamole Creme de la Crumb
- Roasted Corn & Pepper Crab Dip Mommyhood’s Diary
- Roasted Poblano Corn Chowder with Chicken The Novice Gardener