With summer here we have been enjoying our lazy days and warm weather celebrations. My daughter finished kindergarten this week and we are gearing up for camp and travels. For a recent potluck in Santa Monica I made a huge Greek Salad. This week I have another potluck and have a new salad. For this one I combined creamy, tangy goat cheese with toasted pecans, sweet raspberries and tossed with fresh mixed greens.
My friend Angie hosted a lovely beach potluck picnic in Laguna Beach for Memorial Day. I created another sweet meets savory, fruit & cheese combination inspired by my last post Omelette with Brie Cheese Basil and Strawberries.
Do you have a favorite salad with fruit? What is your favorite dressing?
Salad with Goat Cheese Pecan Balls & Raspberry Vinaigrette
Makes 4 servings -or- Serves as many as you want it to. Make a Big Batch for your family or for entertaining.
- Dress as needed. Greens will stay fresh as long as you keep oils and dressings off until serving.
- 5-7 ounces Baby Greens or Baby Spinach leaves
- 8 oz Goat Cheese (assume 1-2 ounces of Goat Cheese per person)
- 1-2 cups ground toasted Pecans
- 1-2 cups fresh Raspberries
- ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Pecan, Walnut, Hazelnut, Canola or Grapeseed Oil
- 4 tablespoons Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 4 drops clear Stevia extract
Goat Cheese Balls: Toast pecans in a 350˚F oven with the rack in the middle for about 10 minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned. Watch that they do not burn. Lets nuts cool. Add pecans to blender or food processor, grind until finely ground like bread crumbs. Shape goat cheese into balls about 3/4 inches each. Roll goat cheese balls in toasted pecans.
Dressing: Add oil, vinegar and raspberries to food processor or blender. Blend until well combined. Taste and add stevia or sweetener of choice until desired level of sweetness is achieved.
Prepare Salad: Top greens with goat cheese balls, fresh raspberries and some ground black pepper. Drizzle with raspberry dressing.
Potluck Salad Recipe Links
- Greek Salad with Sundried Tomatoes and Feta Cheese MarlaMeridith.com
- Pumpkin and Beetroot Salad with Parmesan Crisps Bake Bike Blog
- Spinach Apple Salad Anja’s Food for Thought
- Spinach Salad with Chicken, Orange and Avocado Cookin’ Canuck
- Spring Salad with Vegan Poppyseed Dressing Healthy Happy Life