Salmon Quinoa Salad
July 15, 2015
Salmon is one of my favorite foods ever. I’m happy that’s the case because it’s a protein packed & super healthy! Given the opportunity I order it on any restaurant menu….
When I was recently in Alaska on Carnival Legend I indulged in plenty of salmon…cooked up all kinds of ways both on & off the ship. My Salmon Quinoa Salad is a combo of the many variations I tried. This recipe is perfect for family meals & summer entertaining! Another bonus is it’s gluten free.
Alaskan salmon is pretty much the best wild caught fish in the world. For this recipe, I found a gorgeous piece of Alaskan King Salmon here at the market in Telluride, CO. I always feel super lucky when I find what I need…it’s slim pickings here in this mountain paradise when it comes to ingredients.
During the summer we all crave light meals that don’t take much time to prepare. Well this is your ticket! It’s a smart recipe for summer potlucks. It can be served cold, warm or hot. Any which way works.
Some fresh mint in this really helps to brighten the flavors. Feta cheese adds a mediterranean flair.
Dig in & cook this up as soon as you can!
Amazing Salmon Salad Recipe Links!
• Arugula Smoked Salmon & Cucumber Salad Cooking LSL
• Pea & Courgette Ribbon Lemon Salad with Black Pepper Smoked Salmon A Mummy Too
• Salad with Salmon & Collard Green Pesto Food Fitness Fresh Air
• Salmon Salad Veggie Power Bowls Cotter
• Salmon with Blackberry Gastrique Sauce The Gourmet Gourmand
• Summer Salmon Salad with Basil Vinaigrette Wicked Spatula
This post was created for Away We Go with Carnival, the destination for getting in the getaway state of mind. Head on over.