This is a combo I have been aching to try. I love pasta with bison and any kind of ground meat. I also love combining savory flavors with sweet fruity ones. In this dish you have browned bison, sweet dried cranberries, green onion, smoky sweet paprika, walnuts and fresh oregano.
A perfect cool weather meal that will warm you up from the inside out…
Tomato based sauces are a favorite of mine ~ though sometimes I crave somethin’ like this.
A sizzlin’combo of some of my favorite ingredients. Nothing more, nothing less.
Use your favorite pasta: whole wheat, gluten free brown rice, spelt. If you don’t want the pasta quinoa would be great too. As would brown rice.
Take your pick.
If you have bison, then great. If not try ground beef, chicken or turkey.
The beauty of this recipe is how simple it is.
- 1/2 pound Gluten Free or Regular Spaghetti, cook according to package directions
- 1 pound ground Bison, Beef or Turkey
- 1 bunch Green Onions, chopped and divided in 1/2
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup fruit sweetened Dried Cranberries
- Sea Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- Black Pepper
- Dried Parsley
- handful Fresh Oregano
- Olive Oil
- Cook spaghetti, drain and toss with olive oil and some fresh oregano. Swirl some olive oil in a skillet, cook garlic until softened. Brown meat in the skillet with the garlic, season to taste with salt. smoked paprika, parsley and black pepper. In the last minute fold in 1/2 of the green onion, walnuts and cranberries. Remove from heat.
- Combine the meat with spaghetti. Top with fresh oregano and the remainder of the green onion.
Spaghetti Recipe Links