There is nothing like a simple salad for lunch or dinner. Add to it some toasted nuts, lean protein and you have a filling and fabulous meal. We love all kinds of nuts over here. In the fridge we have all different kinds and always a batch of roasted pine nuts ready to go.
If you don’t have pine nuts on hand feel free to use walnuts, pecans, pistachios, hazelnuts, etc….
We recently had some friends over to our place for an aprés ski dinner. We served this salad with our favorite pasta. This was a quick meal to throw together and also makes for wonderful leftovers. Perfect for lunch box meals. Dress your salad as needed so the spinach does not get soggy.
Little ripe cherry tomatoes add a lot of color to a simple salad. We also love them in my Rustic Tomato and Cheese Margherita Tarts (which also happens to be gluten free.)
We always have all kinds of veggies ready to go. Baby spinach is versatile for quick sautés, salads, chili, pasta dishes and so much more…keep a bunch handy.
What is your favorite salad? Do you make your own dressing or use store bought?
- 4 cups of Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- splash of Balsamic Vinegar
- splash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- handful grated Parmesan Cheese
- cracked Black Pepper
- Sweet Smoked Paprika (or Hot if you are adventurous!)
- Garlic Salt
- Heat a skillet on medium heat. Add pine nuts to hot skillet and toast them watching carefully (about 5 to 7 minutes) they burn easy. Stir frequently to prevent burning. Lower heat if needed. Let nuts cool.
- In a large bowl toss baby spinach, tomatoes, parmesan, pine nuts, balsamic and olive oil. Season to taste with black pepper, smoked paprika and garlic salt.
Salad Recipe Links
- Asian Cole Slaw with Wasabi Dressing Just Recipes
- BLT Quinoa Salad MarlaMeridith.com
- Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potato and Apple Salad Sweet Treats and More
- Deconstructed BLT and Eggs Salad There’s a Newf in my Soup
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette MarlaMeridith.com
- Pumpkin Lentil and Quinoa Salad Fuss Free Cooking
- Red and Green Cabbage Salad with Apples and Candied Almonds The Galley Gourmet
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Wild Rice Salad Gourmantine
- Roasted Provencal Vegetable Salad Taste Food
- Salad with Goat Cheese Pecan Balls and Raspberry Vinaigrette MarlaMeridith.com