This salad is life changing. In this Strawberry, Avocado & Asiago Spring Salad fresh flavors come together in each & every bite.
Lately I’ve been back to craving somewhat lighter foods ~ lots of salads all the time. After all, it’s almost time to run around in a bikini right?!
This salad is inspired by one of my all time favorites at The Osprey hotel in Beaver Creek. This is my riff on the fabulous chef David Burton Sanchez’s recipe.
David was not such a fan of me tossing a handful of capers into this, but I love ’em and went for it anyway. You my friends, can make the choice whether or not to use them in your salad. Completely optional.
Chef uses a gorgeous Champagne Vinaigrette in his salad.
I used my Lemon Honey Dressing. Adding a somewhat sweet, citrusy dressing balances the flavors perfectly. He uses goat cheese, in mine is asiago. Get creative folks!
You can also throw in some candied pecans, as they do at the hotel.
This salad is light and refreshing, yet very satisfying.
Perfect for any time of the year. Not just spring.
Serve with a light, fruity wine or Rosé (my new favorite!)
I enjoyed this often for lunch on my ski breaks. But you can also whip this up for warm weather picnics & BBQ’s.
The strawberries make it perfect for outdoor celebrations or simple meals at home.
Looking for extra protein? Well go ahead and add some grilled chicken to this.
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce, cleaned & finely chopped
- 16 ounces fresh Strawberries, rinsed & chopped
- 6 ounces Asiago Cheese, cut into 1/4 inch cubes (feel free to experiment with your favorite cheese!)
- 3 Avocados, diced & dip in lemon juice
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup small Capers
- Lemon Honey Salad Dressing
- Candied Pecans
- Dried Cranberries
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Gently toss with Lemon Honey Salad Dressing
- Alternatively you can use Bibb Lettuce which is gorgeous in this salad.
Strawberry Salad Recipe Links
- Strawberry Almond Shrimp Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette The Housewife in Training Files
- Strawberry, Citrus, Avocado & Citrus Salad Pretty Hungry
- Strawberry Cucumber Salad Cups Some the Wiser
- Strawberry & Grilled Chicken Salad Beloved Green
- Strawberry & Spinach Salad with Almond Vinaigrette Lovely Little Kitchen
- Strawberry Tabbouleh The Adventures of MJ & Hungryman