Let’s just start with this ~Tutti Fruitti Stuffed French Toast~ was dinner last night.
Life has been busier than ever. I thought back to school was crazy ~ well it seems like the end of school is pretty nuts too! Our days are super busy as we have all kinds of parties & celebrations to wrap up a great year of pre-school and 2nd grade.
When life is busy ~ make stuffed french toast! It is awesome for any time of day and tastes like a great big treat…
My stuffed french toast is free of refined sugars and made with all kinds of great for you ingredients.
Use whatever seasonal fruits you have on hand.
We love creamy chèvre or whipped cream cheese in our sammies.
Nothing fancy, but this recipe sure does seem that way!
Be sure to serve your stuffed french toast with warm, homemade fruit sauce and whipped cream. I was kinda in a rush as you can see. I could not wait for these to cool down before I styled them.
The whipped cream is oozing all over the place. It is not billowy. It is drippy. And very tasty.
All you need to do is make your sandwiches, dip them in some egg whites, fry them up in a sizzling hot pan. Voila! You’ve got yourself a tasty meal!
You can make them as sweet as you like. You can mix some stevia drops into the cream cheese. Or you can go ahead and drizzle some honey or maple syrup or fruity jam on top when your french toast is done cooking.
You can also just use your fruity sauce. That might be all you need. You also might just eat it all that sauce with a spoon. *Don’t be afraid to mix your sauces and fruit combos in one sandwich!
Don’t forget that dollop or two of Homemade Whipped Cream…OK?!
What is your favorite stuffed french toast recipe?
- 2 pieces of Sprouted Grain Bread (or gluten free bread)
- 2 tablespoons light whipped Cream Cheese or Chevre
- Vanilla Stevia Drops,Honey, Maple Syrup or Fruit Sweetened Jam to taste
- fresh Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Peach, Nectarine, anything!
- Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 2 ounces Egg Whites
- 2 cups or your favorite Berries or cut Fruit
- ground Cinnamon
- ground Ginger
- Powdered Sugar
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- Fruit Sauce
- Maple Syrup
- Melt some coconut oil in a frying pan or griddle over medium high heat. Mix your sweetener into the chèvre or cream cheese. Smooth a layer of cheese onto a slice of bread. Add a layer of fruit. Top with another slice of bread. Put egg whites in a shallow bowl and carefully dip both sides of the french toast in this. Place in the frying pan and heat each side until slightly browned and crispy. Flip carefully so you don't lose the filling. Serve with extra berries, fruit, fruit sauce, whipped cream or anything else you can dream up!
- You will need 2 cups of berries or sliced fruit. Heat the fruit in a saucepan over medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of water until boiling. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 6 minutes until fruit has softened. Purée in a blender. Add your favorite natural sweetener to taste. You can thin out your fruit sauce with some water or thicken it with arrowroot.
Stuffed French Toast Recipes
- Citrus Berry Stuffed French Toast Real Mom Kitchen
- Honey Vanilla Cream Stuffed French Toast Nestlé Kitchens
- Lemon Ricotta Stuffed French Toast Always With Butter
- Pumpkin Ricotta Stuffed French Toast MarlaMeridith.com
- Strawberry Mozzarella Stuffed French Toast MarlaMeridith.com
- Strawberry Stuffed French Toast The Healthy Foodie
- Stuffed French Toast The Pioneer Woman