Hope everyone had a super fun Halloween. We sure did. Today I am gonna bring you savory because we probably had enough sweet the past few days, weeks & month.
This chicken was awesome! My kids loved it and that made me very happy. I say make a big batch so you have plenty on hand for lunch, dinner, leftovers and lunch boxes. It is delish with a side salad, steamed or roasted veggies, brown rice or pasta.
This is a simple, quick and easy lean protein recipe that has lots of flavor. It will keep you away from take out Chinese food that is loaded with all kinds of mysterious ingredients. Real Food Fast. Not Fast Food here at MarlaMeridith.com. I’ve got your back guys.
I always use organic chicken breast and trim off any excess fat. You can keep the interest in chicken if you change up how you cut it up and style it. Sometimes I cube it, other times I grill up the whole breast and in this case I made strips. Looking at these photos I am thinking these would have made great skewers too.
I used gluten free brown rice bread crumbs to coat this chicken. It is very fine & not like the coarser, traditional bread crumbs most of us are used to. This has a delicate texture that adds a nuttiness to the overall flavor. I always like to use ingredients that add to the taste & nutrition rather than just being something to use for the sake of it, such as refined white flour.
What is your favorite kind of Asian cooking? Do you love Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Malaysian, Korean? (I dig all of it!)
- Serve over your favorite pasta or soba noodles.
- Serve over a green salad. Mandarin orange slices & slivered almonds or peanuts would be a great addition.
- Make this recipe into skewers. That would make it great for a party appetizer.
Chicken Strip Recipe Links
- Skinny Almond Crusted Chicken Strips MarlaMeridith.com
- Chicken Strips For All Guilty Kitchen
- Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders Life’s Ambrosia
- Spicy Panko Coated Chicken Strips Eclectic Recipes
- Sriracha Chicken Strips Budget Bites